The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X2D new firmware 3.1.0

Iskander

https://www.hasselblad.com/my-hasselblad/downloads/#162

WHAT’S NEW

- Added face detection in Autofocus mode.*
- Added the HEIF format with a colour depth of 10 bit. Select HEIF or RAW+HEIF as the image format in the Quality settings.
- Added live view support for tethered shooting when the camera is connected to the Phocus Mobile 2 app or Phocus for Mac.**
- Optimised sensor calibration to improve image quality.
- Added support for Profoto A10 for Nikon in TTL mode. This flash is now compatible with the following air remotes: Profoto Connect Pro, Profoto Connect, and Air Remote TTL.

* Face detection is not available for lenses without autofocus and should be enabled in Control Screen after firmware update.
** The latest version of Phocus Mobile 2 or Phocus for Mac is required.

NOTES
- ”Update is completed” will be shown on the touch display once the update is successful.

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Live View support in Phocus while tethered is an important addition! I didn't have a fast long USB C to USB C cable lying around, so I purchased a 5 meter IQwire.

Soup's review: "What the hell is that long orange thing?"
X2D, XCD 120/3.5 wide open, 1/20 sec at ISO 1600.

Keeps a connection pretty well, unless I deliberately wiggle it - my camera's USB C port is a bit loose. I've ordered a support.

Matt

Last edited:

Photon42

IBIS works now with my oldish HC210 both with the adapter and the converter. Actually the firmware and the Phocus update are quite a nice package!

I love the tethered live view implementation, with it’s useful variations on mobile, tablet and desktop! Wireless works surprisingly good, too!
All the niggles I had with my GFX 100 tethered to C1 are much better sorted by my X2d with Phocus (mobile or desktop). I didn’t expect such a significant upgrade, with such a refined yet simple and useful UX! Kudos to Hasselblad for this!

On the other hand, I still need my trusty GFX to play not only with my Rodenstocks on Arca, but also with the amazing 30 TS! I only wish it had the current live view implementation from Hasselblad!

bab

Glad to see they are getting around to implementing some needed updates I'm still on standby until the camera/or newer version is read for prime time.

hcubell

Glad to see they are getting around to implementing some needed updates I'm still on standby until the camera/or newer version is read for prime time.
You mean "your" version of prime time. It certainly is more than ready for "my" prime time.

I would be curious what would it take for the current camera / system to achieve “prime time” status, in your view ? I would not hesitate to take the current camera out for most photographic scenarios - for wildlife and fast paced sports it was never intended, so if this is what you need, you’re looking in the wrong place.