The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

XCD lenses, lower temperature limit?

Ai_Print

Hi,

I was using my X2D, 45P, 65 2.8 and CFi 100mm today in cold weather at about 11,000 feet in our ski area, temps were -5 to 10F above. All equipment worked fine except for my 65mm 2.8. While shooting a vertical stitch sequence for a few minutes, the lens gave me a weird noise and error message of "Aperture Failure 49.3" when in electronic shutter mode and stuck wide open when in lens shutter mode. I have Hasselblad looking into it but basically it did not come back to life until in a room temperature setting for 15-20 minutes. When it faulted, I had been out in the elements for 3 hours so all gear was well chilled.

Anyone else have issues with XCD lenses in cold weather? My 45P has been flawless in this regard...

hcubell

I shot last weekend in Vermont at -20 degrees Fahrenheit with no issues with the X2D and the 35-75 zoom. However, I was only out in the elements for about 40 minutes, so not a great test.i was going to succumb before the camera and lens.