The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

jonoslack

thanks for the kind words Matt

Osman - I especially like the second shot of the spooky mansion, splendid.
Boymerang - Wonderful series - really strange first shot of the horse, I agree about the portrait.
The one that really got me though was the last one of the huge building . . what is it?

all the best

Reynolds

Workshop Member
What great images you ALL are providing! WOW! Here's one from this morning...M9 with LR2 working its magic!

jonoslack

We seem to be having a cold snap!

It does have some little inconveniences - for instance, Blue can't have his daily bath:

Emma is collecting kindling (I use firelighters myself!)

both with M9 and 28 'cron

B

boymerang

Thanks for the kind words guys

jonoslack and Don - That's probably the best photo I've ever taken. It's a little strange because it's actually a wild horse that Alf's taming and it's the second time it's ever had a saddle on. Technically a tough shot (for me) to nail due to the dim light and movement.

m_driscoll

Osman: Beautiful images. Your "nudges" were very effective. Eerie.

Boymerang: Outstanding. I was wondering where "down south" was and googled Glenorchy. Beautiful country and photos. The photos of the cowboy (Alf) are my favorites.

Lloyd: Thanks. It's just down the street from my house. I've been waiting for a cold clear day to catch the sunrise on my way to work.

Don: Get it! You won't regret it. Of course, you'll just have to buy lenses, and more lenses

Steve: Thanks.

Reynolds: I like the way this photo is composed with the sliver of picture to the left and the sunlight below the flowers. Your LR2 PP really brought out the subtle shadow and form of the flowers.

Jono: Blue does look a bit perplexed. The changing weather patterns do offer more variety. I'm looking forward to your tobogganing shots in Crete.

Thanks everybody for sharing.

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

"Eat your vegetables!"

More vegetables. Not sure which shot of the "rainbow carrots" I like best. Thanks for looking. Cheers.

1. M9; 75mm f/2; 1/2000s @ f/4; ISO 160

2. M9; 75mm f/2; 1/90s; ISO 160

3. M9; 75mm f/2; 1/30s @ f/5.5; ISO 200

4. M9; 75mm f/2; 1/40s @ f/4.5; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Alnitak

OK, I'll throw my hat in the ring with some recent images with my M9 and the 24mm 'Lux. This first group is from the West Kern Oil Museum in Taft, CA. Interesting place, like a graveyard of old oil equipment.

otumay

Thank you, Steve and Matt. Matt your market shots are very good.
Jeff, excellent shots. They clearly show the power of the M9.
Best,
Osman

Paratom

M9 with wate at 16mm inside the glacier (Morteratsch/Switzerland):

(the following one hand hold at 1/16 Sek..and it was coooold)

Last edited:

jonoslack

HI Matt
I think the second 'rainbow carrot' shot is the winner - the look of faint disgust on the boy's face is great.
As for tobogganing in Crete, I think they do a little of it in the White Mountains in the winter - but I'm not expecting to be there!

Jeff
Love the Truck and the Crane shots, and the first of the Redwood shots as well

Thomas
That looks chilly . . . what's the tge glacier?

All the best
Jono

jonoslack

I meant "the" not "tge" and the Glacier is Morteratsch, Switzerland, near Bernina group. The M9 worked great in Temperatures -10 C and lower.
Ah . . the dreaded "tge" I've heard that it's some variety of ytpo :)
Great shots - actually, mine's been working ok in -10C in the UK this morning. Rather unexpected!
Looks like it's going to snow again at any moment single glazing, draughty house brrrrrrr.

Lloyd

Wow, great stuff here today. Love those market shots, Matt. I'm with Jono, the boy's expression in the second "rainbow carrots" shots makes it the winner for me.

Jeff: Impressive images, showing not only the beautiful results possible with the M9, and what a great lens that 24 lux is, but also your eye and compositional skill. Thanks for sharing... let's see MUCH more. ;)

t_streng: Beautiful images in the glacier. That first one is just killer!!

Don Libby

M9 and 24mm Summilux at Muir Woods outside of San Francisco.
I drove by here last year on my way to Crescent City but failed to stop. Lovely images!

More thoughts on which lenses to get, started with 2 then grew to 3 and now 4…..

Thanks for sharing

Don