The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help: What would a fair value be for this Lens???

smilesire

I have the opportunity to purchase a fourth version of a 35mm f2.0 Summicron. It is the version IV "Bokeh King" in near mint condition in Chrome.

I have no idea what a fair price to offer on this lens. I plan to use it on my M9. The lens is currently not coded. I would have to code it or is this really necessary? What benefit does coding have with the 35mm Summicron on the M9

gverdon

Gerald; That works out to be about 1250 USD for a coded mint version. That seems like a heck of a deal...
And I think it was. Very happy indeed. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260539936758&rvr_id=&mfe=sidebar

Another (black) just gone for 817 €

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260556735368&rvr_id=&mfe=sidebar

Having said that, you've got an idea of the value... and an argument for your purchase. And we're more or less within the prices listed in the url I joined.

Cheers,
Gérald

JWW

I use a black version 4 fairly regularly on the M9 with sharpie coding and camera recognizes this and images are great. Ink seems to stay on even thru many lens changes. You can manually enter the lens type but less convenient if you change lenses much.

geesbert

I have a black one, and it is my most beloved lens of all time, all leica and any manufacturer. I prefer it to the asph cron for size, character and handling. I prefer it to the 35 lux for size, lack of focus shift and handling.

If you would take all my lenses away but one, I'd keep this one and still be happy....