The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Enjoying the flight!

D

DougDolde

I like it but it reminds why and how much I hate flying.

Terry

Makes my neck hurt!
Surprised that you actually had room in your seat to play around with a camera :D
Interesting that the upper left portion of the frame doesn't have a lot going on but has most of the "information" in the picture and places you in a tight seat airplane seat. Crop out the left and you are left with a very different sense. Not sure why I started playing with the framing with my hands on the monitor but it brought me back to your composition.

terry

H

Haya

Very nice shot, I could never sleep with the windows open like that!

D

Digital Dude

Yeah, this flight cabin shot truly represents the epitome of boredom. I’ve been traveling a lot lately and those coach seats are horrible. I shake my head when I lament of the days when I flew first and business class as my standard. Boy, and the old style short-skirted stewardess made the flights seem very short! Back on topic: I also cropped the photo as a habit although it’s a good shot for what it is.
Regards, :angel:

Last edited:

HansAlbert

The two massive black areas in the foreground create the impression of depth and of a gap where four sandwiched men in the gap between sleep and waking try to bridge the gaps of time and space. We don't see them travelling as living to see other countries and civilizations but as quantifiable passengers being conveyed. They appear assimilated in their appearances and reduced to inaction. No "unlimited freedom above the clouds" is depicted, but the narrowness of being in coach. The wristwatches of our sleepy heroes symbolize the measurable time to be bridged; but they also refer, contrarily, to another sense of time and to the presence of an alert mind: the photographer. He takes the opportune moment that encapsulates life in our time in order to keep it for other times. Whereas others are dozing off is he the witness of the ambivalence of our progress.