Site Sponsors
Page 29 of 103 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 5144

Thread: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

One for Steve. Taken at the Sequim Lavender Festival last weekend. I counted five cameras (six, including hers). It's so "he doesn't have to change lenses". I didn't even look to see if they were Canon or Nikon. I think he was an official photographer. Cheers, Matt.

M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/1.4; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

More from the Sequim Lavender Festival. Sequim, on the Olympic Peninsula, is a ferry ride and a couple of hours away from Seattle. These were taken at the Purple Haze Lavender Farm (the owners are big Jimi Hendrix fans). There was a street fair in town and shuttle buses to six different farms. Music, food, beverages, smiling people everywhere. Very civilized. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/250s @ f/11; ISO 160

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/2; ISO 160

3. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/2.4; ISO 160

4. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/1.4; ISO 160

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    One for Steve. Taken at the Sequim Lavender Festival last weekend. I counted five cameras (six, including hers). It's so "he doesn't have to change lenses". I didn't even look to see if they were Canon or Nikon. I think he was an official photographer. Cheers, Matt.

M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/1.4; ISO 160

Matt...I wouldn't mess with him! He looks proud,serious & determined in a General Patton kind of way! Hey...Thats All Of Us In A Few Years!! Love This! Thanks.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

More from the Sequim Lavender Festival. Sequim, on the Olympic Peninsula, is a ferry ride and a couple of hours away from Seattle. These were taken at the Purple Haze Lavender Farm (the owners are big Jimi Hendrix fans). There was a street fair in town and shuttle buses to six different farms. Music, food, beverages, smiling people everywhere. Very civilized. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/250s @ f/11; ISO 160

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/2; ISO 160

3. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/2.4; ISO 160

Matt, every time i purchase a new lens (90 cron asph)i say this is it! I really dont have a wide Leica lens & you & Ash are making life difficult for me! The color,IQ & signature of this lens along with your compositions are Spectacular! Keep reaffirming me please! The 0.95 is now # 2 on my Bucket List! Great Set!

Post Thanks / Like

I went for a hike/scramble on Sunday too, although not to escape the heat like Lloyd and Mimi: a nice path through the poplars, where there was an abundance of Western Wood Lilies, and lots of geraniums too - mostly white, although some purple like Lloyd's, and some bits of weather (showers, snow pellets, thunder) passing through from time to time, which made for some nice light when I was up higher.

These are all M8, 35 mm Summarit. I am still struggling with my processing: most of these are RPP+PS5 - I find that mostly RPP is vastly superior to ACR5, but it tends to require more PS work, after the raw conversion, naturally enough. The ridge shot is all Adobe though, as I couldn't get close with the RPP version. Colour balance is my main problem - I may have to start using my WhiBal card more, particularly for flower shots, until I get better at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Matt, every time i purchase a new lens (90 cron asph)i say this is it! I really dont have a wide Leica lens & you & Ash are making life difficult for me! The color,IQ & signature of this lens along with your compositions are Spectacular! Keep reaffirming me please! The 0.95 is now # 2 on my Bucket List! Great Set!
    Exactly what Steve said - beautiful photos, Matt! The 24 Lux seems so unique, intriguing, and beautiful, but the price... You're not helping!
    Jerry
    Flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a stunning set, Matt. +1 from me... the pix and the Bucket List.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna View Post
    I went for a hike/scramble on Sunday too, although not to escape the heat like Lloyd and Mimi: a nice path through the poplars, where there was an abundance of Western Wood Lilies, and lots of geraniums too - mostly white, although some purple like Lloyd's, and some bits of weather (showers, snow pellets, thunder) passing through from time to time, which made for some nice light when I was up higher.

These are all M8, 35 mm Summarit. I am still struggling with my processing: most of these are RPP+PS5 - I find that mostly RPP is vastly superior to ACR5, but it tends to require more PS work, after the raw conversion, naturally enough. The ridge shot is all Adobe though, as I couldn't get close with the RPP version. Colour balance is my main problem - I may have to start using my WhiBal card more, particularly for flower shots, until I get better at it.
    Gorgeous set!! I especially love that last one. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Great shots my friend
    I like the last one the most
    well done
    M (Typ240), Lux 24mm ASPH, Lux 35mm FLE, Cron APO 75mm ASPH, 60mm Macro-Elmarit-R, 80-200mm Vario-Elmar-R. Sony a7S
    MohammadTaqi.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Not minding the intermittent rain, we started our downward hike towards the Ilıca Waterfalls, our second stop in the Küre Mountains National Park; accompanied only by the sound of rain falling on the grass, and the delicious smell of wet earth and foliage. This was an occasion where the going itself was all that mattered.

On the way, we encountered mighty trees that could crack the hardest of rocks...

Then the sky darkened and the rain intensified. The best way to find our bearing was to keep listening to the sound of the waterfalls. Then, suddenly, around a bend, we were awed by the subtle majesty of nature. Everything, sounds, smells, colors subsided and we were once more proud to be so insignificant on this wonderful planet:

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful Work!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Not minding the intermittent rain, we started our downward hike towards the Ilıca Waterfalls, our second stop in the Küre

Osman, Absolutely Stunning Images & PP!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Osman, Absolutely Stunning Images & PP!
    Yup, I agree 100%. Great stuff, Osman.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, outstanding images from Matt and Osman on this page. Matt, what outstanding use of the 24 lux! Osman, lovely processing and wonderful captures! Love the waterfall shot!

Arjuna, love the landscape image and DOF!

Sorry, all of the recent absense and lack of posts. I just got a promotion at work that's kept me quite busy, and another distraction, as some of you know, who has also kept me more occupied.
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like

This last one is stunning, Osman! Reminds me of something I would expect to see on a stranded, exotic island
    Jerry
    Flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShiroKuro View Post
    In the spirit of Panda81's image ....

M8/21SA
    Outstanding, Charles. Your recent posts have been wowing me!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    The Sheep:

M9 50 'lux

What a capture. I love this, Jono!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    The last few days have been unseasonably hot around here, and yesterday was the worst so far, hitting 103F (~35C... I know, that's temperate by Rayyan's standards). About mid-afternoon, Mimi and I decided to try and get out of the heat a bit, so we packed some sandwiches and headed up the canyon. By the time we reached the trailhead at around 7500ft, it was down to 76F, and much more pleasant. We chose as a destination a lake about 3 miles away (with about 2000 feet of ascent), and headed up the trail.

Other than having to watch for the occasional mountain biker coming down, it was a pleasant, and pleasantly uneventful hike up.

It was sunny and beautiful at the lake, and now around 65F. We had a pleasant picnic, and enjoyed the quiet time together.

We started back to our car as the sun descended toward the western horizon. The half-light of the canyon was amazing.

Never one to stroll along, Mimi ran a lot of the way back. (Dragging me with her, of course.) Although she did stop on occasion to suggest I take pictures of this or that. Evidence of which will follow.

A great evening in the mountains. We're very fortunate to be so close.

All with the M8, 35 Cron ASPH combo, ISO 320.
    Lloyd, I can just smell the fresh air and the wilderness. Great series. Images that make me want to hop over to my own set of mountains!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    4 more:

All with .95 Noct + M9.
    Outstanding captures, Vlad!!! You really are showing off the f0.95 well!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Matt...I wouldn't mess with him! He looks proud,serious & determined in a General Patton kind of way! Hey...Thats All Of Us In A Few Years!! Love This! Thanks.
    Steve: Thanks. I was reminded of that photo of you with two Leicas around your neck and one at your feet. I wonder if his cameras are all digital?

Steve: Thank you, sir! Might not have been the best lens for this setting, but the others were back in the car. Our friend above doesn't have that problem. It's hard to focus on a lavender bud at f/1.4. #'s 3 and 4 are cropped way down. Below 50mm, i think, IMHO, that it's the best Leica lens to have (along with a 35mm f/1.4, of course). The 90 cron's an incredible lens. I regret selling mine (to buy the 24mm Lux); but, I'm liking the 90mm f/2.8. The 90 Cron ASPH is on my "bucket list" with a more distant 0.95.

Quote Originally Posted by panda81 View Post
    Exactly what Steve said - beautiful photos, Matt! The 24 Lux seems so unique, intriguing, and beautiful, but the price... You're not helping!
    That is a stunning set, Matt. +1 from me... the pix and the Bucket List.
    Panda81/Lloyd: Gentlemen, Thank you. Too many lenses, not enough money. Now, if I didn't have the Nikons to feed...

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

M9,90 Cron asph
    Outstanding, Steve. Great shot. She'd kick my tush anyday. Wonderful use of the APO-Cron!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

A few more with the Nocti. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/3000s @ f/1.0; ISO 160

2. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/4000s @ f/1.7; ISO 160

Lovely, Matt! Love the tones and subtle colors. Pioneer Square?
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C_R View Post
    M9 and Nocti 1.0

WOw!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

M9, 90 Cron ASPH
    Steve, is this a new toy for ya? If so, you are making fast magic with this lens! Amazing!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by panda81 View Post
    Jerry, this is one of my all time fav's from you!!!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous set!! I especially love that last one. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohammed Taqi View Post
    Great shots my friend
    I like the last one the most
    well done
    Arjuna: +1, +1, nice photos! Excellent framing and general IQ. How far out of Calgary did you go? For what it's worth, IMHO, i agree and think you could improve color balance. Needs more "intensity". Have you tried Levels in PS? More clarity/vibrance/saturation/contrast in ACR5?

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Not minding the intermittent rain, we started our downward hike towards the Ilıca Waterfalls, our second stop in the Küre Mountains National Park; accompanied only by the sound of rain falling on the grass, and the delicious smell of wet earth and foliage. This was an occasion where the going itself was all that mattered.
    On the way, we encountered mighty trees that could crack the hardest of rocks...
    Then the sky darkened and the rain intensified. The best way to find our bearing was to keep listening to the sound of the waterfalls. Then, suddenly, around a bend, we were awed by the subtle majesty of nature. Everything, sounds, smells, colors subsided and we were once more proud to be so insignificant on this wonderful planet:
    Osman: Very eloquently said and photographed! I love the dark intensity and sense of discovery in the last image. The softer pp adds to this.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    Wow, outstanding images from Matt and Osman on this page. Matt, what outstanding use of the 24 lux! Osman, lovely processing and wonderful captures! Love the waterfall shot!
    Arjuna, love the landscape image and DOF!
    Sorry, all of the recent absense and lack of posts. I just got a promotion at work that's kept me quite busy, and another distraction, as some of you know, who has also kept me more occupied.
    Lovely, Matt! Love the tones and subtle colors. Pioneer Square?
    Ashwin: Congratulations and Thank you. Yes, down by Pioneer Square.

Cheers, Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Steve, Lloyd, Ashwin and Jerry: Thank you for your continuous motivation, gentlemen.
    Ashwin, I'm glad to hear about that promotion

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding, Steve. Great shot. She'd kick my tush anyday. Wonderful use of the APO-Cron!
    Steve, is this a new toy for ya? If so, you are making fast magic with this lens! Amazing!
    Thanks Ash! Yes....It Was A Steal On Craigs List In Mint Condition & Paid For With Funds I Didn't Have!
    Congrats On Your Promotion! Hope Your Enjoying The New "Squeeze"!

Post Thanks / Like

Lost for words in terms of the quality you people turn out. That learning curve is looking steeper by the day

Anyway, a quickie from me, called 'Blue' - Ultron 35mm:

Regards

Mike

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd, I can just smell the fresh air and the wilderness. Great series. Images that make me want to hop over to my own set of mountains!
    Thanks Ashwin. Congrats on the promotion... and the distraction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Mike, an impressive and dreamy shot with that Ultron!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Woods View Post
    Lost for words in terms of the quality you people turn out. That learning curve is looking steeper by the day

Regards

Mike
    Very nice one Mike.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Osman - your waterfall is dreamy and splendid.
    Mike - your blue with the 35 is slightly nightmarish - splendid
    Jerry - the chef shot is right up with your best.
    Steve - my resistance to the 90 'cron is fading - lovely flower shots
    C_R - the icecreams with the nocti is just wonderful
    Matt - love the Lavender shots, especially the first and second
    Charles - your wonderful girly black and whites are real winners.
    apologies to those I've missed!
    Ashwin - Lloyd - Matt, thanks for the kind words with the festival shots.

here is another of someone much cooler than me!
    M9 50 'lux

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you, Jono.
    Your shot is... so kewl. Marvelous b/w processing btw.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Regards

Mike
    Mike, your Rockin that Ultron! Nice Image!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Osman - your waterfall is dreamy and splendid.
    Mike - your blue with the 35 is slightly nightmarish - splendid
    Jerry - the chef shot is right up with your best.
    Steve - my resistance to the 90 'cron is fading - lovely flower shots
    C_R - the icecreams with the nocti is just wonderful
    Matt - love the Lavender shots, especially the first and second
    Charles - your wonderful girly black and whites are real winners.
    Ashwin - Lloyd - Matt, thanks for the kind words with the festival shots.

M9 50 'lux
    Jono, Uber Cool In A James Dean Fashion!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Jono, Uber Cool In A James Dean Fashion!
    +1. Just as Steve says.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Steve, Lloyd, Osman
    Thanks for the kind words

Not everything is cool at festivals . . . especially when you've been eating that chillie sauce:

M9, 50 'lux (it's tough to focus when you're holding your nose!)

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve, Lloyd, Osman
    Thanks for the kind words

Not everything is cool at festivals . . . especially when you've been eating that chillie sauce:

Awesome.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

+ 1. Jono, that's an AWESOME SHOT and equally great tag line!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Jono...Thats Hysterical!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lloyd, Aswin, Steve - thank you.
    Here is a bit of attitude:

But there's no reason to take it seriously

(both with M9 and 50 'lux - changing lenses at festivals stinks!

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lloyd, Aswin, Steve - thank you.
    Here is a bit of attitude:
    100% justified. Whew.

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding captures, Vlad!!! You really are showing off the f0.95 well!
    Thank you Ashwin!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Monday's post. M9 + 50mm Lux Asph.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Regards
    Mike
    Mike: Great photo. The bluish tint and the vignetting works!

...Matt - love the Lavender shots, especially the first and second...
    M9 50 'lux

...Here is a bit of attitude:

But there's no reason to take it seriously

(both with M9 and 50 'lux - changing lenses at festivals stinks!
    Jono: Thank you. Terrific photos from the festival. Do more "kids" smoke these days? 1. Aviator glasses; "hey dude" tilt to the head; cool image; one he'd like when he's 60. 2. "Sanikans" here are totally closed in; No feet; I like the composition (especially since I don't have to smell it). 3. Well, you'd have to have "attitude" to dress like that! low angle, stealthy shot; perfect pp and moment captured. 4. The overexposure works for me.
    (insert thumbsup here) (insert salute here)

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post
    Monday's post. M9 + 50mm Lux Asph.
    Woody: A series of 50 lux photos all of a sudden. Excellent framing, IQ, and color.

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Woody: A series of 50 lux photos all of a sudden. Excellent framing, IQ, and color.

Cheers, Matt

+1 Woody. Beautiful image. (and nice pun there, Matt)

Post Thanks / Like

"I like the last one"Arjuna: +1, +1, nice photos! Excellent framing and general IQ. How far out of Calgary did you go? For what it's worth, IMHO, i agree and think you could improve color balance. Needs more "intensity". Have you tried Levels in PS? More clarity/vibrance/saturation/contrast in ACR5?

Cheers, Matt"

Many thanks for the encouragement from Lloyd, Mohammed, and Matt - the quality, and quantity, on this thread can be a bit daunting.

Matt - Yamnuska is on the Eastern edge of the Rockies - an hour or less west of Calgary, 10 minutes north of the trans-canada highway.

I use curves much more than levels in PS, at the moment anyway. I tend to a rather dense, saturated style, like slightly under-exposed slide film, which is my history, but I usually find the ACR5 colours quite garish and surreal, at least when compared with the RPP results - on their own they seem fine. I used to use clarity regularly on my little Canon's files, but I don't find that the M8 files need it, and I have gone from bicubic-sharper to bilinear when downsizing M8 files for the web, as bicubic-sharper seemed to produce rather 'crunchy' results. I often apply the Linear Contrast preset under curves, as it seems quite often to be just the right amount. I am also still learning the camera - I have it on Auto ISO, as that seems to be intelligent functionality, but ISO is not displayed in the viewfinder, so I don't notice until reviewing the files how often it is pushing the ISO. I am also becoming more aware of the danger of overexposing the highlights of a digital file - it can look very ugly.

Perhaps, on another thread, I should take a file, process it a couple of different ways, keeping track of what I do, and post the results (plus the raw file) for comments and suggestions.

Again, many thanks,

Ross