The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New thin mac portable for m9 files ?

proenca

Got a problem... Been using my M9 a lot and I brought, as usual, my Macbook Air.

Always a pleasure to work with my M8 files but... its slow for M9 files.

Granted, they have the double of the size and require much more processing power but never thought that my little Air coughed up so much with the M9 files.

Its fine for archiving and cataloging, but if I want to open two images and do a zoom, to check focus for example, its a good 10 seconds wait to preview the images.

Do I really have to wait for i5 or i7 Macbook Air's ?

My Air is the top of the line 2.13 mhz, 2gb version.

How does the M9 filmes work out in the i5 Macbook PRO's ? All right?

Mine´s a new (meaning last one; bought a month ago) MBP 2.4 GHz dual core with 4 GB RAM; it´s the 13" one, not the 15". It doesn´t have any problems with M9 images, either with LR 2 or 3, but the screen is too small for any serious work with images. For storage and first check while travelling, it´s OK.

esy0345

A new MacBook Air is coming in the next month or two with core i3 or i5 processor - worth the wait. The iPad works great for viewing photos and you can leave the pics on the card for later.

Double Negative

Not Available
You can't compare the Air to the Pro. If you'll regularly be busting 18MP files, consider an upgrade. However, as esy0345 mentions, there are rumors of Air updates in the pipeline.

wattsy

I have the Air (current 2.16) and it's absolutely fine with M9 files. Maybe your system (or other programme) software has become corrupted? 10 seconds to do a 100% zoom doesn't sound right at all.