Site Sponsors

Thread: Series 6 step ring

Post Thanks / Like

Series 6 step ring

I recently bought a 50mm Summicron R (serial 25XXXXX) and it appears to take Series VI filters. I'd like to use modern ND filters, but I can't find Series VI to XXmm step up rings. I can't even find info of the actual measured thread size of a Series 6 filter.

Can somebody help steer me towards something usable? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Series 6 step ring

Not likely to find a step up. A series VI is about 41mm and series filters don't have threads, rather they require a retaining ring which "sandwiches" the filter between two screw in parts. Depending upon what filter you need, the retaining ring should be a cheap eBay find and the filters available at BH

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to use Series 6 filters, but rather normal size, let's say 46mm, filters on a Series 6 lens.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Thread size for Series 6 is 43.5mm, I just tested it. I picked up a 43.5mm > 46mm step-up ring from ebay and can now use a modren multi-coated ND filter.

Post Thanks / Like

I, too wanted to find a step-up ring for a Leica 50mm Summicron-R 23826xx with Series 6 filter threads. I found this post and was able to find a 43.5mm ring. It was too small for my lens. I finally found a Heliopan #223 44mm to 49mm at B&H. It took about 6 weeks to get to me but it fit!