The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEW To Leica..WTB AF or MF

D&A

Dave, a big "Hi" right back at you (and thanks for thr kind word) and always good to hear from you. Although I've used the R system for a period of time, many others are far more versed with regards to its lenses and performance on both the various Leica bodies that accepted R lenses and especially for whats important for your goals today, namely R lenses used on the Sony.

Keep us posted on your latest quest and how it goes. Thats how we all.learn and gain knowledge from one another. Again have fun!

Dave (D&A)

jlm

Workshop Member
couple of things not mentioned:
the S cameras and lenses are bigger and heavier than you might expect
all leicas and lenses are heavier than other makes;
rangefinder focus requires pretty good vision w/o astigmatism and is an acquired taste, to say the least
S006 has a great optical viewfinder, maybe the best made
the S100/f2 is amazing for portraits as is the M with the 75cron

i use the monochrome and the S006(newly purchased, as they are a pretty good deal right now)

rollsman44

Hi Dave, thank you. I am holding off right now as I might wait for the S 006 to come down in price( might be awhile) but I am no rush. I appreciate all the members that contributed to my post. Thank you