The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

R10 to be upgradeable?

woodyspedden

They do this now on the DMR using ROM. Lat year I posted a test using the 19mm and the DMR. With the ROM contacts taped over there was vignetting and even slight cyan corners like the M8. With the ROM contacts working, the vignetting and cyan shift was corrected.

Here are the test images shot with the DMR and 19mm. They were an out of focus picture of my light table. The dust and dirt is on the light table, not the sensor.

hey Rob

I am confused! (Not unusual for me LOL). I thought the cyan corners were a function of shooting with the UV/IR filter? Since there is no filter on the R lenses is it the AA filter that is causing this behavior do you think?

Interesting

Woody

Stuart Richardson

The IR filter on the sensor cover glass. It has the same function, it is just usually not as much of a problem given the fact that the light is on a much less severe angle of incidence, but it makes sense that it shows up with the 19mm, as it is so wide.

robsteve

Subscriber
hey Rob

I am confused! (Not unusual for me LOL). I thought the cyan corners were a function of shooting with the UV/IR filter? Since there is no filter on the R lenses is it the AA filter that is causing this behavior do you think?

Interesting

Woody

Woody:

It is the IR filter on the sensor cover glass. Some of the other manufacturers use a IR absorbsion filter, which may not have this problem. The DMR had the IR intereference filter as part of the cover glass.

Leica told us they were doing this correction with ROM lenses, but I never thoght to test it until I bought my M8.

A

Angora

No. it is in "Réponses photo" n°191 (February) page 7.
I just translated at was in the article. It seems we won't know more than that, as PMA is over now I guess we'll have to wait until Kina... just to keep us mouth dripping.
My bad, yes, that was published in RP.

In the long run we just got new... speculations.
But who knows, maybe Mr Lee's successor will leak some more informations 'till the 'Kina.