The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Another S2 Test

Terry

Also, the sound is very low to non existent on small focus changes so there is no audible sensation that the camera is focusing.
Mark
Exactly,
They've all been in focus but my brain needs to be retrained to not worry about not hearing it.

thomas

As with all our workshops there is more high end gear here than in many retail stores to try out in real world situations.
Guy, so maybe you'll have the opportunity to shoot the S2 with the 70mm at f8 or f11 and at base ISO from tripod (MUP). I'd finally like to see an S2 capture stopped down with sharp edges... I couldn't find one by now.
Thanks in advance!

kdphotography

Tim,
A few of my exposures have seemed a bit wonky on the LCD but the histogram is spot on.
Terry, it might be the same or related issue--- several of us at CI in Carmel noticed "weird" images on the Leica S2 LCD---but once downloaded, the image files were fine. Rafa deduced it was a faulty JPEG algorithm which messes up the LCD image, but not the file.... A firmware fix should address that issue.

Hope you enjoy your S2!

:D