The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Equipment & location question...

vieri

I thought of this as I was adding my reply and while it isn't photographic related I do want to add it nevertheless.

July in the southwest can be very unpredictable. We should start our monsoon season shortly which means rain - lots and lot of rain - for a short period of time. If you hear the weatherman call for thunderstorms in your area be very careful where you shoot that day especially if you're in any type of slot canyon. If you hear what sounds like a huge locomotive coming its too late.

Also expect temps in the low to mid 100's and higher in Death Valley. Make certain you have plenty of water to drink (figure 1 gal per day). If you find yourself thirsty is just might be too late. There's a saying here in the southwest - "Hydrate or die".

There - that's off my chest.

Don
WATER

You can't have enough. Listen to Don
Also a very old state law in Arizona. NO one can refuse you water even a place like Circle K or 7 Eleven connivence stores . They all have special cups for FREE water
Thank you for the advice - will try and have always an extra gallon or two in the car then (I am an heavy water-drinker, I drink about 2-3 lt per day normally, so I guess a gallon per day min will be necessary over there); thank you Guy for the input on the old Arizona law, there is no way I could have known that otherwise! :thumbup: