The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

P25+ doesnt match my lightmeter...

Valentin

My Sekonic 358 is spot on with flash but it's a little off with ambient. The difference is not that big to worry about it. Since the only time I would use a lightmeter is when using flash, that's what I'm worry about :)

Leigh

What about aperture?

My Sekonic 358 is spot on with flash but it's a little off with ambient.
The preceding comment that the exposures are accurate with flash but off with ambient light indicates a shutter speed problem.

Flash exposures are only sensitive to aperture, since the shutter is normally open for much longer than the flash duration.

The OP's problem may well be aperture-related. A flash test would be the best way to tell.

- Leigh

SergeiR

In the studio my RZ w/ ZD back matches up to my 758DR. My 1DsIII and 1DIII are both off by 2 stops from the meter. The 758 supports having two different configurations for camera oddness. But I think I'm just going to use the RZ in the studio and leave the 1Ds in it's bag.

--Mark
http://gallery.virtuousphotography.com/
Actually 3, not 2. I have zd , leaf 54s and d700 calibrated, b.c they all are a bit off one way or another, from flash meter factory. But not by 2 stops. More like 1/3-2/3 of stop.