Site Sponsors

Thread: Need an small airplane in the Miami area for an engagement session...

Post Thanks / Like

Need an small airplane in the Miami area for an engagement session...

Hey guys!

I need an small airplane in the Miami area for an engagement session...We don't need a pilot. They don't want to fly just pose next to it and inside.

Do you know anybody I can call? Do you know a photographer who did something similar and can help me to arrange it?

Thanks a lot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Need an small airplane in the Miami area for an engagement session...

There's a flying club at Opa Locka airport; you might try calling them: http://www.miami-airport.com/opalocka_business.asp

Post Thanks / Like

You could probably just walk up to a nearby airport and slip a $20 to someone that works there... i've done that before. Small civil airports are fairly lax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by symbolphoto View Post
    You could probably just walk up to a nearby airport and slip a $20 to someone that works there... i've done that before. Small civil airports are fairly lax.
    Well, when shooting also inside the airplane, I really suggest to have the owner near by Same when shooting in front with registration visible...

Andreas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by symbolphoto View Post

That was then. Since 9/11 and the TSA came into existence, badge-controlled access to the flight lines is required for just about any airport. At Hanscomb outside of Boston, it takes $75 in fees and several weeks to get the permission, but for the price of an hour of an instructor's time at one of two flight schools you could probably get access and the freedom to situate the plane at some attractive angle and with a background you like. I doubt that OpaLocka's any easier.

scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scott kirkpatrick View Post
    That was then. Since 9/11 and the TSA came into existence, badge-controlled access to the flight lines is required for just about any airport. At Hanscomb outside of Boston, it takes $75 in fees and several weeks to get the permission, but for the price of an hour of an instructor's time at one of two flight schools you could probably get access and the freedom to situate the plane at some attractive angle and with a background you like. I doubt that OpaLocka's any easier.

scott
    Thanks!!!