Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: wind correction

  1. #1
    Senior Member irakly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    wind correction

    i am in moscow now. shot in a studio a little bit... broncolor, c645, p25 and a little bit of an extension tube

  2. #2
    Senior Member helenhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    Re: wind correction

    wooohoooo !!
    Fabulous ....tres artsy!!
    No ill wind there

    cheers- H

  3. #3
    Senior Member irakly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: wind correction

    Quote Originally Posted by helenhill View Post
    wooohoooo !!
    Fabulous ....tres artsy!!
    No ill wind there

    cheers- H
    it's not ill, it's deadly

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: wind correction

    Quote Originally Posted by irakly View Post
    i am in moscow now. shot in a studio a little bit... broncolor, c645, p25 and a little bit of an extension tube
    A collage of color and imagery that spells beautiful, wow.

    tm

  5. #5
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    etrigan63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Earth, Sol System (near Miami, FL)
    Posts
    2,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: wind correction

    I'm trying to figure out what the silhouette is. Is it a scope on a hunting bow of some kind?
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

  6. #6
    DougDolde
    Guest

    Re: wind correction

    Looks more like she's painted with a laser through a rifle scope.

  7. #7
    Senior Member helenhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    Re: wind correction

    Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    Looks more like she's painted with a laser through a rifle scope.
    Couldn't Agree More......Perfectly Put !!
    Best-H

  8. #8
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: wind correction

    Would make a lovely Mother's Day card

  9. #9
    DougDolde
    Guest

    Re: wind correction

    How about a wedding anniversary card for the ex ?

  10. #10
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: wind correction

    Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    How about a wedding anniversary card for the ex ?
    Even better

  11. #11
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    etrigan63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Earth, Sol System (near Miami, FL)
    Posts
    2,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: wind correction

    No, that's not a laser painting her. It's too spread out and would register as a blown highlight. Laser sights are that bright, even the red ones. A green one would damage the sensor. Looks more like a fiber optic dot sight. I know this because I have one on my target bow. For the record, I am not a bow hunter (can't bring myself to kill a deer, let alone clean it and skin it afterwards. Heck, I hate doing it to fish!), but I target shoot. Helps me focus.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: wind correction

    The first impression of this image is shocking because the shadows make the viewer believe that the scope belongs to a rifle and so the question arises: Is the young woman supposed to be shot dead and why in the world? Then the two red-dot-reticles function as a peculiar catalyser for developing other interpretations of this alienating scene.
    One line traces back to ancient mythology: Penthesilea, the Amazonian queen who joined the Trojan War, was killed by Achilles who fell nevertheless in love with her and lamented over her death. This motive of the chaotic mixture of violence and affection, of violent death and making love goes well with the long tradition of understanding Eros as the son of Aphrodite and Ares. But there is not only the theme of sex antagonism in the image, there is also the antagonism between rationality and libido the two red dots within a single subject, both combined in the allusion to the James Bond movies which appreciatively exhibit these themes with a wink, showing how the opposing couple J.B. and his hostile female counterpart end up in bed, thus staging the triumph of Eros: "amor vincit omnia", even the loyalty to secret services.
    The other line, suggested by the metapher of the shot, leads to a self-reflection of the photographer-artist. Focussing on his model to work out the strongest expression of her nature and her potential is not only a matter of intellect but also of (sublimated) libido. The ancients had the story of Pygmalion to express this truth.
    Finally, the "wind correction" can be read as an "undercover" adjustment control of libido; the image accordingly is mocking the purposive-rational action of intelligence, particularly of the intelligence service.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,338
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    52

    Re: wind correction

    Irakly - I think the term you were looking for is "windage" - only retro males who have to shoot the occasional wild pig/snake/kangaroo/feral cat/dog/scare off a 'murder' of crows or uninvited guest generally fuss about such matters.

    I would imagine given the context of the shot ( get the pun?) - "windage" doesn't much
    come into it on a literal or pragmatic level.

    Nice pic -

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul/Turkey
    Posts
    339
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4

    Re: wind correction

    I had missed your reviews for quite a long time.
    Seyhun (digicam in DPR)

    Quote Originally Posted by HansAlbert View Post
    The first impression of this image is shocking because the shadows make the viewer believe that the scope belongs to a rifle and so the question arises: Is the young woman supposed to be shot dead and why in the world? Then the two red-dot-reticles function as a peculiar catalyser for developing other interpretations of this alienating scene.
    One line traces back to ancient mythology: Penthesilea, the Amazonian queen who joined the Trojan War, was killed by Achilles who fell nevertheless in love with her and lamented over her death. This motive of the chaotic mixture of violence and affection, of violent death and making love goes well with the long tradition of understanding Eros as the son of Aphrodite and Ares. But there is not only the theme of sex antagonism in the image, there is also the antagonism between rationality and libido the two red dots within a single subject, both combined in the allusion to the James Bond movies which appreciatively exhibit these themes with a wink, showing how the opposing couple J.B. and his hostile female counterpart end up in bed, thus staging the triumph of Eros: "amor vincit omnia", even the loyalty to secret services.
    The other line, suggested by the metapher of the shot, leads to a self-reflection of the photographer-artist. Focussing on his model to work out the strongest expression of her nature and her potential is not only a matter of intellect but also of (sublimated) libido. The ancients had the story of Pygmalion to express this truth.
    Finally, the "wind correction" can be read as an "undercover" adjustment control of libido; the image accordingly is mocking the purposive-rational action of intelligence, particularly of the intelligence service.
    H3DII-31, 5DII, M8, NEX-3 and Camera collection
    http://seyhun.com
    Facebook Page

  15. #15
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: wind correction

    You all need to see Irakly's book: "Snipers In Love."

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: wind correction

    Being naive about all things to do with guns, I misread this one, I now get it sort of.


    tm

  17. #17
    Senior Member irakly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: wind correction

    Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    You all need to see Irakly's book: "Snipers In Love."
    snipers in love is rubbish. today a new thing came out. it is actually the first issue of a new magazine-type publication in which every issue is dedicated to one photographer. until sunday i did not even realize that i was the first in the series. A3, 100 pictures, 16,000 copies, bilingual. presentation is on the 26th.

  18. #18
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: wind correction

    Congratulations, that is quite an honor.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •