The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One => not for photographers

Steve Hendrix

I don't know but the retail price of the two are $7K apart. Then if you are trading from a P40+ take 40% off so the price difference is $4200. So, $4,200 is not insignificant but once you are up in the stratosphere of pricing it doesn't bother the ulcer you've already given yourself.

So, honestly I can't see why I wouldn't do it and why would be the major reason to get the IQ160?

Main reason for the IQ160 would be the faster shooting speed. And $4,300 is nothing to sneeze at - one could consider that you get an Arca Swiss RM2D for that difference (well, it might arrive about the same time as your IQ160...) :)

Steve Hendrix

Terry

Main reason for the IQ160 would be the faster shooting speed. And $4,300 is nothing to sneeze at - one could consider that you get an Arca Swiss RM2D for that difference (well, it might arrive about the same time as your IQ160...) :)
Steve Hendrix
Ummmmm.....yes true but with a big gaping hole where the lens would fit :D

fotografz

Steve Hendrix
Thanks Steve, that was the point I was trying to make ... all these cameras are waaaaay up there in IQ, so the determining factor isn't just meg count ... it is performance matched to application needs. My goodness, I couldn't believe the impact on post work when dropping 200 full frame 60 meg files onto my computer compared to 40 meg crop frame. One more step up and I'm going to need to replace my 3 year old computer ... ;)

-Marc

Steve Hendrix

Thanks Steve, that was the point I was trying to make ... all these cameras are waaaaay up there in IQ, so the determining factor isn't just meg count ... it is performance matched to application needs. My goodness, I couldn't believe the impact on post work when dropping 200 full frame 60 meg files onto my computer compared to 40 meg crop frame. One more step up and I'm going to need to replace my 3 year old computer ... ;)

-Marc

Marc -

Even though we do sell the *latest and the greatest*, we also sell the *older and once bolder*, so we have a healthy amount of respect for whatever digital back someone might be using, as log as it fulfills the purpose for which it was bought to fulfill. But when it comes to computers.....that 3 year old thing is a dinosaur! Especially in your hands, your poor computer thought he had it easy a couple years ago...:D

Steve Hendrix