Site Sponsors

Thread: ANOTHER Laser Distometer

carbonmetrictree

ANOTHER Laser Distometer

This one says it's good up to 230ft. Not that you would need to meter that far, I'm wondering if the laser is stronger than the Leica Distos if it can achieve an accurate measurement up to that distance. This would be a good thing if it was a bright and sunny day and you're trying to distance a light colored object or wall.

Hilti PD 4

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: ANOTHER Laser Distometer

Oh that is the Disto. Pretty cool
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i have one for contracting use. it will measure to 1/16" accuracy and is a bit smaller (1-7/8 x 1 x 4-3/4) than a Sekonic 358 . pretty tough to use in bright conditions, though i just stuck it out the window and measured to the street (63' 5-11/16"). i could not see the dot on black asphalt, bit it could. around $200

carbonmetrictree

Hi Jim, I guess you do not really need to visually see the dot? That was my main concern, I wanted to stick with the distometers because traditional rangefinders need constant calibration. My memory won't remember to calibrate it every week.

Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    i have one for contracting use. it will measure to 1/16" accuracy and is a bit smaller (1-7/8 x 1 x 4-3/4) than a Sekonic 358 . pretty tough to use in bright conditions, though i just stuck it out the window and measured to the street (63' 5-11/16"). i could not see the dot on black asphalt, bit it could. around $200

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I would like someone to show me how one converts such 'ccurate' reading into a lens focus position based on lens scale - now that woudl be really cool! -

carbonmetrictree

That's why guesstimation still works with me, or until someone invents a read out lcd display in a lens to tell you the focusing distance, lol. By that time, we'll be able to control auto focus with our minds, and manual focusing will be prehistoric.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    I would like someone to show me how one converts such 'ccurate' reading into a lens focus position based on lens scale - now that woudl be really cool! -