Site Sponsors

Thread: Any Fuji GX680 shooters with MFDB?

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Any Fuji GX680 shooters with MFDB?

I know it's a behemoth but I'm intrigued with the idea of shooting my IQ back with the Fuji system. Anybody shooting a MFDB with this outfit?

How do the lenses hold up? I would expect that it's all in the sweet spot of the glass due to the crop. How about finder masks, workflow etc?
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any Fuji GX680 shooters with MFDB?

Hi Graham

I have the Fuji GX680 and have used it before with a digital back.
    I just received a new adapter kit from kapture group and I will be using it with my
    P25+.
    I mounted the adapter just to see how it fit. It is really really well machined.
    Absolute perfect fit. Rotates smoothly.

I will ask Keith if the communication box works with the IQ180. If so I will hook up with the Phase One rep
    and test it out and send you a file.

Regarding masks kapture group will supply you with the mask for your sensor.

I have also done a test putting the Canon 5D mark II sensor behind the Fuji gx680 lenses. I know the 5D II is no match for the IQ180, but it does have almost the same photosite size so it will give you a good idea of what the lenses are capable of.

The Fuji gx680 lenses are really good lenses. I have shot with the Fuji gx680 form when the first version came out. Bought the first one in Europe.

Here is a film shot:

Fuji gx680 250mm 5.6 @ f8 or 11. One light on the model, and one light on the background. Scanned with the Epson v750

Crop from the same scan

I'll see if I can copy the posting here....
    Last edited by FredBGG; 12th February 2012 at 10:05.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

I did a little comparison between my Fuji GX680 250mm f5.6 and the Canon 200mm F2.8L Mark II @5.6.

I used the Canon 5d Mark II for the captures. To capture the Fuji lens images I held the Canon 5D II behind the Fuji 680 body.

I expected the Fuji lens to be somewhat inferior as it is about 20 years old and has an image circle of about 200mm while the Canon has an image circle of 50mm

well it was quite interesting...

Here is a 100% crop (scaled down by Flickr) from the Fuji/Canon capture:

And here is the same from the Canon/canon capture

Quite amazing how well the Fuji compares, especially considering that the Fuji is shooting at full aperture while the Canon is shooting stopped down two stops ... at 5.6 that is it's best aperture.

Here are the full frames:

Fuji/Canon capture:

Canon/canon capture

See how the Bokeh on the Fuji is nicer and you get it already at 5.6. This is important to me as I like to shoot at slowish shutter speeds so that I can get some movement such as a dress or hair in the wind.

Then if you consider ontop of that the fact that if I was using the full frame I would be closer to the bush and would have even better bokeh on the background.

Throw in the higher dynamic range of film especially in the highlights and it's a formula that I like.

And one other thing. When running the images of the Fuji/canon and the Canon/canon through the JPEG compressor the Fuji lens files always came out larger indicating that there is more information in the Fuji lens images.

One thing that this test clearly indicates one interesting thing. If you consider that the Fuji lens when using the full 6x8 frame will be projecting about 6x more information..... well it indicated that for now only film gives you the opportunity to capture these large format images projected by these unique lenses.

Here is a diagram to show how little of the full frame the Canon was capturing:

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

That was easy!

Post Thanks / Like

I was always intrigued with Fuji GX680 system, I have even rented it couple times for fun in the past, but I have been turned off by the sheer size/weight of the beast. Sure, Fuji sold a neck strap for it too, but I felt it was way too much to carry. I loved view camera style adjustments on it though!

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

This looked like fun too...

Street photography with the GX680 and a digital back:

Capturetek team do street photos in Kensington with a Fuji GX680 camera - YouTube

Shelby Lewis

Is there a decent wide angle solution for the fuji (or is the image circle/shifts enough to do some decent stitching?)?

I've been really interested in this camera for quite a while as a a portrait camera with easy access to shifts/tilts.

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Lewis View Post
    Is there a decent wide angle solution for the fuji (or is the image circle/shifts enough to do some decent stitching?)?

I've been really interested in this camera for quite a while as a a portrait camera with easy access to shifts/tilts.
    Fuji gx680 lenses:

50mm
    65mm
    80mm
    100mm
    115mm
    125mm
    135mm
    150mm
    180mm
    210mm
    250mm
    300mm
    500mm

and the "Howitzer" the 100 to 200mm zoom.

Shift on the 50mm is a little limited with film as it has a bit of a tighter image circle than the rest. No problem though with a digital 645 back as the crop factor would leave heaps of room.

Here is is with the 50mm and a phsae back:

and here is the "Howitzer"

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a terrific MF film camera.

has one really nice feature that is a great safety in the digital age.

It has a sensor that measures the light bouncing back off the film and gives you a good exposure confirmation. If the exposure is off by more than a stop and a half it sounds an alarm. This is a good safety feature if you are shooting commercially on film.

Shelby Lewis

Drool...

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

A bit off topic, but here are a couple of shots on expired film shot for fun...

Some were developed very aggressively to produce high grain.

Here is the rig....

[img]http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6091/6242494779_e6cf765002_b.jpg[img]
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Shelby Lewis

The more I look at this system... especially the 180/3.2 for faces, the more intrigued I am by it. I know it makes even my RZ set-up look tiny, but there is a large-format vibe I get from looking at this system that has piqued my interested. The massive crop by my digital back would mean the 180 would be quite the telephoto and still very fast.

The cost alone is compelling... but the great optics seem to make buying a small () kit worth the attempt.

Body, 115/3.2 and 180/3.2 (maybe the 65 or 50)... nice kit for faces or for "backed up" 3/4-length work with ultra shallow DoF. T/S on top of that as well.

Very interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FredBGG View Post
    Hi Graham

Here is a film shot:

Fuji gx680 250mm 5.6 @ f8 or 11. One light on the model, and one light on the background. Scanned with the Epson v750

Crop from the same scan

I'll see if I can copy the posting here....
    Drool..... Sorry, that was over an hour ago now, I'm back posting a reply to this, still drooling. I think this is the most standout shot that makes me want to join in the MF fun!

Post Thanks / Like

I had the GX680 (still have several lenses I am selling). Loved it! This system has everything the RZ has, but add more automation, tilt/shift, and as good glass. I only sold the kit I had on doctor's orders (as a remedy for my Gear Acquisition Syndrome).

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick test with a new lens 160mm 3.2 (second one for backup)

This was shot with the p25+ focusing on the dry leaves.

This was shot wide open iso50

100% crop

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Graham,
    I have been shooting with the GX680 (MKII) since 1995, at which time I bought a new system with 2 bodies and the 65, 125, 180 and 300mm lenses. At the time I ran a Leaf DCB2 digiback on it. It has since been used with my P25 (with Kapture Group adapter and sync box), P45+, P65+ and now with my IQ180.
    When I changed from V mount to M645 mount, I bought the cheap Chinese adapter off eBay. It works fine and the backs with "zero latency" capability do not need the cumbersome Kapture Group sync box (Huge advantage).
    This is far from a "do all things" system, but for jobs where I can work off a tripod or camera stand and I'd like some tilt/shift with moderate to long lenses, this is still my preferred system by a huge margin.
    Optics are superb and with 6x4.5 sensors you are always in the sweet spot as these lenses were designed to cover 6x8. Fuji have always made superb lenses - remember the lenses for that obscure Swedish brand with the "H" mount?
    Where possible, buy the faster lenses in the focal lengths where Fuji offered more than one max aperture. Apart from being optically superior, they are a damned lot easier to focus.
    If you are buying MKII and not MKIIIbodies, it is simple to adapt the old batteries to become a battery adapter that accepts current Nikon batteries. I've described this earlier on this site. MK1 bodies can be very unreliable so be wary. BTW, after 17 years of high volume service (their first 7 years were in catalogue production, shooting 16 hours per day, 5 days a week), my kit has not once been in service. Impressive.
    If you'd like to know what I use it for, all the food on my website was shot with it and so was a lot of the "people" work.
    Best of luck!
    Cheers,
    Siebel
    "In the end, it's all about the pictures"
    www.bryansiebel.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tnabbott View Post
    I had the GX680 (still have several lenses I am selling). Loved it! This system has everything the RZ has, but add more automation, tilt/shift, and as good glass. I only sold the kit I had on doctor's orders (as a remedy for my Gear Acquisition Syndrome).
    Funnily enough I'm happy to carry the weight as I'm on Dr's orders to keep up my exercise regimen. i am however a lost cause as far as GAS is concerned!

Bryan: thanks for the information. So with an IQ I wouldn't need the KG box to fire the back? What about longer exposures?

Post Thanks / Like

I too have enjoyed the Fuji a good many years! In 1999 I was touring all over Andalucia in Spain, visiting no less than 60 national parks. In my bag was a very trusty Fuji GX 680 III and a 65, 150 and 250 Fujinon. I have shot hundreds and hundreds of rolls of film, but only one kind - Velvia.
    The camera is still with me, but never used anymore. A pitty really.....maybe it is time to look into how to mount the Leaf on it!
    Alpa FPS MAX TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danlindberg View Post
    The camera is still with me, but never used anymore. A pitty really.....maybe it is time to look into how to mount the Leaf on it!
    Kapture Group Digital Back Adapters & High-Speed Photographic Solutions

They make adapters for the Fuji . They have options for Hassy, Phase and Leaf backs.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the ignorant request, but what are the lenses available for this system and their FOV equivalent in 35mm. I'm fairly new to my MF system (Mamiya 645) and I still find it helpful to compare FOV's to 35mm. I'd also appreciate samples and suggestions for which lenses to get. I shoot mostly portraits, food and fashion, as well as some product.

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JasonQuibilan View Post
    Sorry for the ignorant request, but what are the lenses available for this system and their FOV equivalent in 35mm. I'm fairly new to my MF system (Mamiya 645) and I still find it helpful to compare FOV's to 35mm. I'd also appreciate samples and suggestions for which lenses to get. I shoot mostly portraits, food and fashion, as well as some product.

Here is a list of the lenses made for the GX 680
    and 35mm equivalent focal length to 35mm when
    using the 689 with 6x8 film back

50mm =23mm
    65mm =30mm
    80mm =37mm
    100mm =46mm
    115mm =53mm
    125mm =57mm
    135mm =62mm
    150mm =69mm
    180mm =82mm
    210mm =96mm
    250mm =115mm
    300mm =137mm
    500mm =229mm

100-200mm =46-92 Zoom

With a MF digital back used on the back of a Fuji gx680 the 35mm equivalent needs to be multiplied by about 1.5x

Post Thanks / Like

50mm =23mm
    65mm =30mm
    80mm =37mm
    100mm =46mm
    115mm =53mm
    125mm =57mm
    135mm =62mm
    150mm =69mm
    180mm =82mm
    210mm =96mm
    250mm =115mm
    300mm =137mm
    500mm =229mm

100-200mm =46-92 Zoom

With a MF digital back used on the back of a Fuji gx680 the 35mm equivalent needs to be multiplied by about 1.5x

Nice! Thanks so much for this!

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to shoot with one of these for my food work. I will have to look into possibly renting one for a week or so. I haven't seen anything for sale for quite a while other than ebay.
    Graham, you are only about 20 miles from me. If you ever want to go in on rental for a week or two, let me know.

Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

50mm =23mm
    65mm =30mm
    80mm =37mm
    100mm =46mm
    115mm =53mm
    125mm =57mm
    135mm =62mm
    150mm =69mm
    180mm =82mm
    210mm =96mm
    250mm =115mm
    300mm =137mm
    500mm =229mm

100-200mm =46-92 Zoom

Digital equivalents (for 35mm) on medium format sensors:

680 Lens =44 x 33 =49 x 37 =54 x 41
    50mm =39mm =35mm =32mm
    65mm =51mm =46mm =42mm
    80mm =63mm =56mm =51mm
    100mm =79mm =71mm =64mm
    115mm =91mm =81mm =74mm
    125mm =99mm =88mm =80mm
    135mm =106mm =95mm =87mm
    150mm =118mm =106mm =96mm
    180mm =142mm =127mm =116mm
    210mm =166mm =148mm =135mm
    250mm =197mm =176mm =161mm
    300mm =237mm =212mm =193mm
    500mm =394mm =353mm =321mm

100-200mm =79-158 =71-142 =64-128

Sorry for the sloppy columns.

Steve Hendrix
    Steve Hendrix, Sales Manager, www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
    Digital Cam: Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Sinar Authorized Reseller
    TechCam: Alpa | Cambo | Arca Swiss | Sinar Authorized Reseller
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks for the info folks. This is all very useful and encouraging. I need another camera system like I need a hole in the head but I confess that this platform does look like it could be an relatively inexpensive system to have some creative fun with.

Pjotre

Question Re: Any Fuji GX680 shooters with MFDB?

Hi to all of you who own one of these Chinese adapterplates....

If I mount that plate the GX 689III is beeping und indicating an error on the small display asside the viewfindermount. Changing to a e.g. polaback, everything is fine. How can I outflack the backdetection?

Up to now Im just testing, I got no Kapture Group sync box or so. I just thougt about a double trigger as on a Sinar in old days... wake up the back, press the shutter. im not in a hurry in the GX, so why not. The Kapture Group sync box may be more comfortable but...
    My system: GX 680 III // P25+ // Jieyning-Plate

Thx!

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried setting the camera to multi-shot?

Pjotre

Thanks Gerald u made my day!

The error notifikation is still there, but it allowes me to trigger the cam.
    I must have known it, but... its always that way!
    Whatever, Thanks a lot, now I can move on!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone, I've recently acquired a mk.III with the 250mm f/5.6, and I'm completely in love with it. I was hoping someone here could recommend a bag to be used with this kit, considering it's size?! I've looked at the interior dimensions of the bags I'd like to use with this kit (Lowepro Vertex 300, ProRunner 450, Pro Roller x300 etc), but the interior dimensions all seem slightly too small. I will be adding the 50mm/65mm, the 80mm, the 115mm/125mm and potentially the 190mm soft focus in due time as well. I've currently got the standard prism finder, but I'll be looking to get the WLVF as well, mainly for use on the body when it's stored in the bag. Hopefully someone here has used one/several of the aforementioned bags or similar.

Many thanks!

Pjotre

Hi jars121,

welcome to the beastowner club.... I consider you wont be happy with a bag, unless it is a roller... especially with all that lenses as welll!
    Have you ever thought about hard cases? eg.: Vanguard, Peli...
    I guess something like the Vanguard Supreme 53D would perfekt for your needs.

Yours Pjotre

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jars121 View Post
    Hey everyone, I've recently acquired a mk.III with the 250mm f/5.6, and I'm completely in love with it. I was hoping someone here could recommend a bag to be used with this kit, considering it's size?! I've looked at the interior dimensions of the bags I'd like to use with this kit (Lowepro Vertex 300, ProRunner 450, Pro Roller x300 etc), but the interior dimensions all seem slightly too small. I will be adding the 50mm/65mm, the 80mm, the 115mm/125mm and potentially the 190mm soft focus in due time as well. I've currently got the standard prism finder, but I'll be looking to get the WLVF as well, mainly for use on the body when it's stored in the bag. Hopefully someone here has used one/several of the aforementioned bags or similar.

Many thanks!
    Congratulations.

I for one look forward to hearing how the experience unfolds and also to see some of your images.

Cheers

Mal

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Congrats with the beast! I use a Think Tank Airport Addicted. Works fine even when I'm on a motorbike if I let most of the weight ride on the saddle. It's a little bit shallow though, and is really best suited for the IIIs model (I have both of the III models) which is the one I'm using for travel. It rooms camera body, two lenses (one in the box and one on the camera), the AE viewfinder in it's box (without it, I could take two more lenses, but the AE finder is so great) and two extra film holders plus the compendium shade.

I'm also considering the backpacks from f-stop gear, but their ICUs don't seem to be any deeper than the TT. They are more comfortable to carry though.

I have an AE Viewfinder III for sale btw. I ended up with two them during a shopping spree. I only need one, and I'm selling the other for the same price as I paid, $1,200. It's expensive, but it's a great piece of gear, and the metering works well. It's also very bright. Comes with case and instruction manual.

Edit:
    I have a 180mm/5.6 also for sale btw. for a low price. I also have the 180/3.2 and don't need both.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pjotre View Post
    Hi jars121,

welcome to the beastowner club.... I consider you wont be happy with a bag, unless it is a roller... especially with all that lenses as welll!
    Have you ever thought about hard cases? eg.: Vanguard, Peli...
    I guess something like the Vanguard Supreme 53D would perfekt for your needs.

Yours Pjotre
    G'day Pjotre, thanks for the welcome, it's great to be here! I've got a hardcase (read: Pelican knock-off from local hardware store) with the customisable foam for my Fuji G617, which has been amazing. My only concern with going down this road for the 680, is that this kit is going to involve a much greater volume of parts (ie. 2 backs, remote release cable, multiple viewfinders etc), and the weight will become an issue quickly. More importantly, I plan on using this camera primarily in the field, so I'd like to be able to strap it securely to my back, as opposed to relying on even/smooth ground to roll it. I understand that carrying this kit would be quite a workout, but I'm a fit 23 year old, I'm up to it!

Quote Originally Posted by malmac View Post
    Congratulations.

I for one look forward to hearing how the experience unfolds and also to see some of your images.

Cheers

Mal
    Thanks Mal, I look forward to posting some images in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Congrats with the beast! I use a Think Tank Airport Addicted. Works fine even when I'm on a motorbike if I let most of the weight ride on the saddle. It's a little bit shallow though, and is really best suited for the IIIs model (I have both of the III models) which is the one I'm using for travel. It rooms camera body, two lenses (one in the box and one on the camera), the AE viewfinder in it's box (without it, I could take two more lenses, but the AE finder is so great) and two extra film holders plus the compendium shade.

I'm also considering the backpacks from f-stop gear, but their ICUs don't seem to be any deeper than the TT. They are more comfortable to carry though.

I have an AE Viewfinder III for sale btw. I ended up with two them during a shopping spree. I only need one, and I'm selling the other for the same price as I paid, $1,200. It's expensive, but it's a great piece of gear, and the metering works well. It's also very bright. Comes with case and instruction manual.

Edit:
    I have a 180mm/5.6 also for sale btw. for a low price. I also have the 180/3.2 and don't need both.
    Jorgen, your post is both reinforcing and confusing! I've done a lot of research into the Think Tank bags, and I really like the airport range. However, the model you specified has an internal depth of 16.5cm, which is ~5cm shallower than the mk.III body, which has got me confused. This is the problem I've found with all the bags of researched, as none of them have been deeper than ~18cm. I guess there must be some 'play' in the the depth of the bag, depending on how full it is etc. As for the 180mm, I'm currently in negotiations for a f/3.2 version, which (from what I've seen online) is a stellar piece of glass!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My only concern with going down this road for the 680, is that this kit is going to involve a much greater volume of parts (ie. 2 backs, remote release cable, multiple viewfinders etc), and the weight will become an issue quickly. More importantly, I plan on using this camera primarily in the field, so I'd like to be able to strap it securely to my back, as opposed to relying on even/smooth ground to roll it. I understand that carrying this kit would be quite a workout, but I'm a fit 23 year old, I'm up to it!

I've done a lot of research into the Think Tank bags, and I really like the airport range. However, the model you specified has an internal depth of 16.5cm, which is ~5cm shallower than the mk.III body, which has got me confused. This is the problem I've found with all the bags of researched, as none of them have been deeper than ~18cm. I guess there must be some 'play' in the the depth of the bag, depending on how full it is etc.
    Have you looked at the F-Stop bags? I use the F-Stop Tilopa and Satori bags which have internal camera units (ICU) that are 16.5cm deep, although in practice are much deeper when you configure them without the foam in their lids (the bag back is padded so 2x is unnecessary). I carry an Alpa 12 STC with tilt adapter & iPhone adapter mount and it is about 17-18cm in depth and fits perfectly in the bag without any issues even though it is slightly higher than the ICU depth.

Take a look at f-stop gear ICU & Mountain bags

In addition to being extremely versatile I have found these bags to be the most comfortable backpacks I've ever used and you can hike for miles with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    Have you looked at the F-Stop bags? I use the F-Stop Tilopa and Satori bags which have internal camera units (ICU) that are 16.5cm deep, although in practice are much deeper when you configure them without the foam in their lids (the bag back is padded so 2x is unnecessary). I carry an Alpa 12 STC with tilt adapter & iPhone adapter mount and it is about 17-18cm in depth and fits perfectly in the bag without any issues even though it is slightly higher than the ICU depth.

Take a look at f-stop gear ICU & Mountain bags

In addition to being extremely versatile I have found these bags to be the most comfortable backpacks I've ever used and you can hike for miles with them.
    Thanks for that Graham, I'll have to add them to the list of potentials. Who would have thought that the hardest thing about buying into a new system would be choosing the bag that stores it?!

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jorgen, your post is both reinforcing and confusing! I've done a lot of research into the Think Tank bags, and I really like the airport range. However, the model you specified has an internal depth of 16.5cm, which is ~5cm shallower than the mk.III body, which has got me confused. This is the problem I've found with all the bags of researched, as none of them have been deeper than ~18cm. I guess there must be some 'play' in the the depth of the bag, depending on how full it is etc. As for the 180mm, I'm currently in negotiations for a f/3.2 version, which (from what I've seen online) is a stellar piece of glass!
    The height inside the Airport Addicted varies a couple of cm, and it's rather elastic. The IIIs is a better fit than the III, and I have to replaces the viewfinder on the III with a piece of foam to make it fit. I agree with Graham that F-stop Gear seems to be the best solution, and they are much, much more comfortable to carry. The Airport addicted is basically a foam box with straps attached. It's strong, but in constant conflict with the shape of the human body. Great for air travel though, since it's the maximum size for most overhead bins in all dimensions, and it's much lighter than the wheeled alternatives.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see that this thread just keeps on going. I have a Lowepro 300 and it's perfect for my kit - Fuji body, numerous lenses, P25 back, cables, tripod head, acessories etc.

Jorgen - care to PM me aboutthe AE finder? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndyPtak View Post
    Nice to see that this thread just keeps on going. I have a Lowepro 300 and it's perfect for my kit - Fuji body, numerous lenses, P25 back, cables, tripod head, acessories etc.

Jorgen - care to PM me aboutthe AE finder? Thanks
    Hey Andy, which 300 do you have? The Vertex? That's the bag I've always wanted, so it would be great if that's the one you've got!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Fred Greissing seems to really like his Tamrac bags... Fred Greissing Tamrac Photographer Vignette - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You have to respect Fred's love for the Fuji and those traditional shoulder bags certainly were designed for the Fuji & Mamiya RB/RZ outfits. I have a big Billingham MF bag that I suspect will last longer than anything I put in it.

Btw, Fred get's a hard time on some of the forums but you absolutely must take the time to see his images. I for one have total respect for his insights and his work. Often forums present a different impression of someone than reality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    You have to respect Fred's love for the Fuji and those traditional shoulder bags certainly were designed for the Fuji & Mamiya RB/RZ outfits. I have a big Billingham MF bag that I suspect will last longer than anything I put in it.

Btw, Fred get's a hard time on some of the forums but you absolutely must take the time to see his images. I for one have total respect for his insights and his work. Often forums present a different impression of someone than reality.
    I totally agree. Sorry, it wasn't meant to be a jab at Fred. I just stumbled upon the video and found it interesting to see him at work. I respect his input in these forums, and his images are simply wonderful!

Impressive that you can fit the GX680 and 5 lenses in that bag. Although, you wouldn't want to take it on a long hike in a shoulder bag.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Andy, which 300 do you have? The Vertex? That's the bag I've always wanted, so it would be great if that's the one you've got!
    I use the X300 Pro Roller. I'm an old guy with a bad back now, so it's rollers and handles all the way!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndyPtak View Post
    I use the X300 Pro Roller. I'm an old guy with a bad back now, so it's rollers and handles all the way!
    Thanks for getting back to me Andy. The x300 Roller is 1cm deeper than the Vertex 300...I hope everything will still fit!