The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where is the X1D ????

Chris1977

so I've heard mine is arriving on Monday or Tuesday. I'm hoping I can get a Nissin i60A Nikon fit flash to work on it either with or without the Air Commander..I have my suspicions though so I've ordered the smallest Nikon flash as well to keep me going until I can get that figured out.
FYI the Metz M400 works well and is small. It's my small go anywhere flash when I don't want to carry around the Profoto B2. Cheers, Chris

BANKER1

If anyone is interested, an advertiser on this website, doddcamera.com, has an X1D in stock according to their website.

Greg

PedroL

X1D with 45 mm lens FOR SALE. I have 1 set available in stock. One spare battery on the same order is back ordered, but on a priority delivery.
Interested party please PM me.

etto72

anyone get a 4116 kit recently? some dealers reportedly haven't received any since feb!!
I am on the very top of the list at Adorama
Last thing I heard was end of March
I placed my order in the fall!!!!!!!!!
So depressing:(:(:(
The good news is that last week I got the 90mm....

rent

Thanks for the report, Joe. Would be interesting to see how long it'll take for your 2nd order to ship. Hopefully not another 4 months!

Alex

According to B&H, my first spare battery has been shipped and should be here on Wednesdy. :thumbup:

Joe

hcubell

Thanks for the report, Joe. Would be interesting to see how long it'll take for your 2nd order to ship. Hopefully not another 4 months!

Alex
The next rowboat with more batteries is just leaving China now. Due to arrive in July.

I was also told over the weekend that my spare battery was available. I mis-read the email and asked for two and they said... you can have one. :ROTFL:

Still no word on the xh adapter though.

tcdeveau

Received my XCD 45mm last week and my X1D is supposed to ship out tomorrow :)

Looking forward to sharing when I get it. I have an engagement shoot this weekend, and if it arrives in time, I will break it out for that (along with whatever other system I choose to use).

tcdeveau

Finally got my X1D! Have to say this whole "charge the battery before use" thing is torture but I guess I can be a little more patient. Looking forward to sharing pics from the camera! IMG_3502.jpg

Godfrey

Finally got my X1D! Have to say this whole "charge the battery before use" thing is torture but I guess I can be a little more patient. Looking forward to sharing pics from the camera!
Congratulations, glad it finally arrived! I hope it proves a very satisfying and useful camera for you.

G

tcdeveau

Congratulations, glad it finally arrived! I hope it proves a very satisfying and useful camera for you.

G
Thanks! So far initial impressions are positive. Startup time is quicker than expected, I clocked it at about 8-9 secs. Initial battery charge took about 3 hours, I let it go for 5 even though the manual says it may take up to 6 and says to let it go for 6. It shipped with firmware v1.15.0-6541. Useability is MUCH improved from the demo I attended last August and it seems that Hasselblad has done a tremendous job improving it via firmware. Touchscreen/menu navigation/playback/pinching for zoom upon review/overall fluidity etc works great. Rear LCD could be higher resolution but not a deal breaker. EVF is...fine. It's not best in class by any means but it will work fine. Shutter sound is worse than I remember, very tinny, but I'll get used to it. Used it for about 10 minutes, camera started getting a little warm but nowhere near the heat it was putting out at the demo in August. A joystick for focus point selection would be great, but the implementation of currently selecting focus points will work fine once I get used to it. Coming from an H4D-40 and a 645z, the idea of multiple selectable focus points for MF outside the center of the frame is still blowing my mind. Formatting the included memory card in camera before using it and no errors there. Updated for lens firmware said it could take up to 15 minutes but only took about 30 seconds to a minute (for the XCD 45mm to v0.53).

Would like to see being able to change the size of AF point but I understand that will come in a future firmware update. Image review in the EVF would be great as well, at the very least histogram review so I don't have to squint in bright sunlight in the field. I'm sure I'll come up with a list of future firmware updates I'd like to see, but from my 10-15 minutes of use so far, it is far less quirky than I expected. Great job Hasselblad for all the improvements since the demos last fall. Now lets get some more batteries shipped in the US.

SrMphoto

Thanks! So far initial impressions are positive. Startup time is quicker than expected, I clocked it at about 8-9 secs. Initial battery charge took about 3 hours, I let it go for 5 even though the manual says it may take up to 6 and says to let it go for 6. It shipped with firmware v1.15.0-6541. Useability is MUCH improved from the demo I attended last August and it seems that Hasselblad has done a tremendous job improving it via firmware. Touchscreen/menu navigation/playback/pinching for zoom upon review/overall fluidity etc works great. Rear LCD could be higher resolution but not a deal breaker. EVF is...fine. It's not best in class by any means but it will work fine. Shutter sound is worse than I remember, very tinny, but I'll get used to it. Used it for about 10 minutes, camera started getting a little warm but nowhere near the heat it was putting out at the demo in August. A joystick for focus point selection would be great, but the implementation of currently selecting focus points will work fine once I get used to it. Coming from an H4D-40 and a 645z, the idea of multiple selectable focus points for MF outside the center of the frame is still blowing my mind. Formatting the included memory card in camera before using it and no errors there. Updated for lens firmware said it could take up to 15 minutes but only took about 30 seconds to a minute (for the XCD 45mm to v0.53).

Would like to see being able to change the size of AF point but I understand that will come in a future firmware update. Image review in the EVF would be great as well, at the very least histogram review so I don't have to squint in bright sunlight in the field. I'm sure I'll come up with a list of future firmware updates I'd like to see, but from my 10-15 minutes of use so far, it is far less quirky than I expected. Great job Hasselblad for all the improvements since the demos last fall. Now lets get some more batteries shipped in the US.
Congratulations on your X1D. The shutter sound depends on the lens, some are saying XCD 90mm sounds nicer. The camera is instantly ready if it stays in sleep mode. Fun fact: it takes 7 hours to drain the battery in sleep mode.

satijntje

Nope, my 4116 was delayed, so I changed my mind and got the normal X1D.
The difference in price financed already half of my 90mm Lens!

Good luck
John

SteveG

A bit of info for those in the US

X1D, H6D-50c & H6D-100c are in stock at dealers nationwide
H lenses, XCD 45 & XCD 90 should also be in stock nationwide, XCD 30's are shipping, but slowly
4116 units should be shipping again very soon.

I hope this helps answer a few questions on product availability.

msadat

thx for the update how about batteries

H lenses, XCD 45 & XCD 90 should also be in stock nationwide, XCD 30's are shipping, but slowly

I hope this helps answer a few questions on product availability.[/QUO

etto72

Thank you for the info Steve, I really appreciate it

I placed my 4116 order at Adorama in November
and I am still waiting:(:(
It's really discouraging for me not to have a clear estimation.
I was told a while ago by the Adorama rep. that I am in the top on their list but that they don't have a date... Apparently the buyer (is that you?)said that it will be soon!
I wondering what you mean with the term "soon" ....days,weeks or months away??

Thank you
Best regards
Ettore

I hope this helps answer a few questions on product availability.