The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ150 and copal lens

archivue

I'm in the process to try an IQ150 on my arca RM3D and lenses mounted on copal.

I don't remember how this back can handle copal lens... do i need only the cable from the back the the X sync. as with my altus II7 or do i need a wake up cable as with a P45+?

Thanks

archivue

i've found the answer on the phase one forum...

As far as camera hardware goes, one thing to consider is the sync cable from the lens to the back. When operating in normal shutter latency, all our backs require a wake-up signal (to indicate to the back to return to a capture-ready state) and then a capture signal (to, well, capture). With the back in zero latency, there is no wake-up signal required but the back is constantly ready to capture light- this introduces extra heat into the equation and will generate extra noise in the image. I highly recommend going with normal latency as this will give the cleanest image, though it does require that wake-up signal.

For IQ250 I use the simple sync cable provided along the digital back by Phase One, and use "Zero" for "Latency" in settings.

I don't like the complicated sync cables (normal latency) provided by Alpa/Arca/Cambo because these are troublesome and prone to damage. CMOS should be ashamed to use complicated sync cables (normal latency).

vjbelle

When I had my Leaf 50 CMOS I always used zero latency without issues. Never had any kind of a heat issue or noise issue. I set the back to auto turn off after 5 minutes but I usually turn everything off manually after shooting a scene.

Victor