The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Haselblad V system and 90 degree finder.....

Red735i

I was told it does not work, it is not suitable, etc. But I wanted to use a 90 degree finder with my 500C/M and Leaf Aptus 65 back.
The more modern PM90 and PME 90 backs I do not think would work because the finder drops down in the back, and would interfere with the Leaf MFDB.
I went looking for a HC3-70 or preferably a RM2 90 degree finder. With absolutely no problems, the RM2 finder works fine. You can see the entire area of the screen ( the height and width of the Aptus 65 size). The eye relief is sufficient. There is a built in diopter adjustment. You MUST use your bare eye... glasses will not work.

For those of you that have always wanted to try to use a 90 degree finder with your Hasselblad V system cameras, go get a RM2 finder.....
It works fine.

I bought a Hasselblad PM90 prism used. Works well with an CFV-50c back attached to the 500C/M. Diopters (for me) has to be bought extra.

The PM90 is heavy and makes the Hassy less elegant to handle. But you use it on a tripod anyhow, don't you?

/Eric

Photon42

I use the HC-1 from time to time. Works well for me. Non-metered head, of course, but thus fitting the overall concept of the 500 series.

Red735i

I bought a Hasselblad PM90 prism used. Works well with an CFV-50c back attached to the 500C/M. Diopters (for me) has to be bought extra.

The PM90 is heavy and makes the Hassy less elegant to handle. But you use it on a tripod anyhow, don't you?

/Eric
The PM90 or PME90 will not probably work with non Hassy digi-backs.... The bottom of the prism drops down, which the CFV line allows for. the LEaf or Phase have a different profile.
The Rm-2 has just about the perfect length of the viewing tube to be comfortable in use.

Yes, I tripod mount my 500C/M.