The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question about RZ67 digital back sync

young'ee

Hi Shlomi,

Whatever that question was i would have loved to have seen it. Any information/questions/answers to do with an RZ and digital capture is hot news to me.

I've been buying up interface plates for DB's to the RZ. I am sure I am going to hit a wall trying to get these backs working. The only resource i have is people like you who generously share knowledge.

P.S
Did you ever try one of those Sahara Tablets i gave the URL too some time back? I am interested to know if it ever worked out. I have one being refurbed right now, so soon i will be able to pass on my findings on whether it worked or not. If not, well it just means i end up with yet another tablet. But what a tablet - 12.1 touch screen, FULL WIN 7, core i7 CPU, 8GB RAM, SSD drive, 6 Pin Firewire port that outputs 19V on pins 1/2. Well, we'll see.

shlomi

I wanted to know if anyone was using Pro I and running the cable from the back to the hotshoe instead of the lens.
I figured out that my hotshoe adapter is the problem, so I will try to find a better one.

I don't think you should have any problems working with RZ and digital backs, it works fine.
You should mind that HX701 requires a sync cable, and HX705 works without sync cable on PRI IID only.
I would not use H or V back on the RZ.