The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nisi, Lee, or Formatt/Hitech Filter kit?

dave.gt

I really don't think the handles are a "necessary" item for the Wine Country Holder, and it really seems to be more of an added aesthetic ala Alpa. It adds just a bit more bulk where I'd rather try to cut as much bulk and weight as possible. I would have been happy with a simple rubberized grip. Pretty minor complaint when viewed as a total system. If I get bored enough, I'm gonna try and re-finish the wood handles to better match the wood on my Cambo WRS 1600. :loco:;)
Ken, I like your idea of matching the wood with the Cambo! Classy!

I have always loved wood finishes, from my British sports cars of the past to the old Jaguar Vanden Plas that oozed luxurious comfort and lots of wood. Some like carbon fiber, others like different finishes. I wish I could afford the Wine Country holder and filters! But I have to settle for the Nisi holder that was just delivered today. It is quite nice although a bit boring with black aluminum! Lol...:)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Not bothered by the wood handles although they are a bit blingy. What I do wish they had would be a lens hood/shade system.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Not bothered by the wood handles although they are a bit blingy. What I do wish they had would be a lens hood/shade system.
Yes Graham . A lens hood shade system . Like I am using the LEE system , as it was almost the only one available on the market , at the time I bought it .
Today there are more , almost identical systems available , and also in better quality .
I find it a disadvantage , that these filter holders are attached directly to the front of the lens . I think of the weight applied to the front of the barrel .
Also I am missing 100x150 ND (not GND) filters , because of the additional length (not 100x100) they are easier to
slide in and out .
Some of the new generation filters seem to be made of "gorilla glas" . My thinking is , to get a 150x150 filter and get it cut to 100x150 . LEE and ROLLEI won't do that , as they confirmed to me . Who can cut "gorilla glas" .
Anyone else wanting ND filters in 150x100 size ? ? ?