The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I've gone and done it...

med

When I found this forum I didn't even know what a technical camera was... when I found the "Show me Your Tech camera" thread I thought you were all crazy. I had never even heard of Alpa and Arca/Cambo were just large format camera makers, and I had no idea why the trouble/expense could be worth it.

Now, 4 years and 353 threads (read 2-3 times for good measure) later, Dante's circle is complete and I have just taken ownership of an Arca RMDi, a fat pixel back (Aptus 22), and a couple of Schneider lenses 43XL and 60XL.

Thanks to everyone for all of the great information on tech cams and their lenses buried within these forums! It was incredibly helpful to read while I mulled over all of the options. Now I need to get out and shoot...

Shashin

You are welcome. No one has too much or too little money that we are not happy to help spend...

Now, about that upgrade you need...

jduncan

When I found this forum I didn't even know what a technical camera was... when I found the "Show me Your Tech camera" thread I thought you were all crazy. I had never even heard of Alpa and Arca/Cambo were just large format camera makers, and I had no idea why the trouble/expense could be worth it.

Now, 4 years and 353 threads (read 2-3 times for good measure) later, Dante's circle is complete and I have just taken ownership of an Arca RMDi, a fat pixel back (Aptus 22), and a couple of Schneider lenses 43XL and 60XL.

Thanks to everyone for all of the great information on tech cams and their lenses buried within these forums! It was incredibly helpful to read while I mulled over all of the options. Now I need to get out and shoot...
Congratulations, I hope you love it.

Recommendation: Add film. It's amazing.
Large format film images have an "unfathomable something " going in them. It's something you can notice even in a video.

Best regards,

jng

Sometimes vicarious thrills are simply not enough. Congratulations and welcome to the club! Looking forward to seeing some great images from you and your new setup!

John

med

Congratulations, I hope you love it.

Recommendation: Add film. It's amazing.
Large format film images have an "unfathomable something " going in them. It's something you can notice even in a video.

Best regards,
Thanks! I'm right there with you on the film; I started shooting 4x5 a few years ago and there certainly is "something" about it. The previous owner of the RM3Di was generous enough to include a Mamiya RB 6x8 film back plus adaptor plate in with the kit, so I already have everything I need!

med

You are welcome. No one has too much or too little money that we are not happy to help spend...

Now, about that upgrade you need...
You lot are nothing if not excellent enablers ;)

Welcome, this is a fantastic place to be. :)
Thanks!

It's always nice to have company in the Inferno ;) .
It's hot in here, but I like it.

Sometimes vicarious thrills are simply not enough. Congratulations and welcome to the club! Looking forward to seeing some great images from you and your new setup!

John
Thanks! The first test images I did were quite intoxicating... these lenses and big sensors are ah-mazing

Nice!

Time to get posting in the "Technical camera images" subforum!
Will do !

tcdeveau

Nice!

Time to get posting in the "Technical camera images" subforum!
TimG, thanks to your recent posts in the subforum (and all the posts by others too), I spent waaaay longer than I needed to researching tech cams at work yesterday haha. Keep up the good work!

-Todd

dchew

Welcome to the party! New members are so welcome because for a fleeting moment it makes us think we aren’t crazy after all. Then reality sets back in...
:thumbup:

Dave

photographist

To paraphrase the late and great Robin Williams... "Reality. What a concept!"

Welcome to the party! New members are so welcome because for a fleeting moment it makes us think we aren’t crazy after all. Then reality sets back in...
:thumbup:

Dave