The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1D with 3rd party lens

CAMBOUSA

If anyone from Cambo is checking in here: a V system lens adapter for the WRS would be great (there's already one for the Actus). Even better to have leaf shutter control as there is on the Hassy Flexbody, which appears to be repurposed onto Litz's adapter.

Not sure how possible it is or would be, but I passed it along to my contacts in The Netherlands. But as I usually say, the R&D team keeps tabs on everything here on GetDPI and I assure you that if something is requested the guys do their best to make it happen.

sog1927

Not sure how possible it is or would be, but I passed it along to my contacts in The Netherlands. But as I usually say, the R&D team keeps tabs on everything here on GetDPI and I assure you that if something is requested the guys do their best to make it happen.
It would be wonderful to be able to get to the leaf shutter in my CF lenses from the X1D. I think to be able to do it from a general purpose adapter might take some firmware changes on the X1D itself, though.

Boinger

It would be wonderful to be able to get to the leaf shutter in my CF lenses from the X1D. I think to be able to do it from a general purpose adapter might take some firmware changes on the X1D itself, though.
I have never used any V series lenses is there anyway to trigger the shutter manually? Or does it need some communication from camera?

sog1927

I have never used any V series lenses is there anyway to trigger the shutter manually? Or does it need some communication from camera?
None of the current V-series adapters will trigger the shutter - they're just "dumb tubes" with no mechanical coupling to the lens, so there's currently no way to cock or fire the shutter of a V lens mounted on an X1D. I suppose if you were using the old manual bellows (with, say, the 135 Makro-Planar) attached to one of these adapters, you could cock and fire the shutter from the bellows after firing the electronic shutter on the X1D for a time exposure, but that way lies madness. :rolleyes:

DB5

From what I gather it's a dumb adapter so I guess you would use the depth of field preview to get the aperture you want (it's a latch that locks into place when stopped down - not a spring action that springs back) and then the electronic shutter mode of the X1D.

jng

Thanks, Blake. Even a dumb adapter for the WRS would be a welcome addition as it would allow the use of the V system lenses together with electronic shutter of the IQ3100 backs. There seems to be some real interest in this, judging by the number of people here on GetDPI who have bought into the WRS-V adapter mentioned earlier in this thread. I'm assuming this wouldn't be difficult to implement given Cambo's engineering and fabrication resources, not to mention the existing adapter for the Actus whose design presumably could be modified for the WRS mount.

John

Boinger

None of the current V-series adapters will trigger the shutter - they're just "dumb tubes" with no mechanical coupling to the lens, so there's currently no way to cock or fire the shutter of a V lens mounted on an X1D. I suppose if you were using the old manual bellows (with, say, the 135 Makro-Planar) attached to one of these adapters, you could cock and fire the shutter from the bellows after firing the electronic shutter on the X1D for a time exposure, but that way lies madness. :rolleyes:
You could try a x1d > Xh adapter > cf adapter

I don't have a cf adapter or lens but I do have a xh. If anyone is local orange county area I don't mind testing.

sog1927

You could try a x1d > Xh adapter > cf adapter

I don't have a cf adapter or lens but I do have a xh. If anyone is local orange county area I don't mind testing.
I asked Hasselblad about that when the camera first came out and they told me it wouldn't work. I suspect the current firmware is not capable of recognizing that combination and tripping the CF shutter, although if I had a CF adapter (I don't own an H series camera) and and an XH adapter I would probably have tried it just to find out.