The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar 54h and thunderbolt MacBook Pro?

Atracksler

Looking at getting a Sinar 54h for my 503cxi.

I have a MacBook Pro (2015) that only has thunderbolt or usb. I have a thunderbolt to fw800 adapter, and a fw800/fw400 cable.

Has anyone tried out this combo? Will it work? It’s not worthwhile if I have to get another laptop to shoot with....

Thanks in advance, ad

DSemick

Hello,

Stacking that both adapters will most likely create inconsistent and unreliable connection issues. I've had success with my 75H's and a Thunderbolt FW 800 adapter. You could throw a powered FW hub into the mix...that may help.

I may have another Sinar solution if you PM me.

Denny

mostlylost

Looking at getting a Sinar 54h for my 503cxi.

I have a MacBook Pro (2015) that only has thunderbolt or usb. I have a thunderbolt to fw800 adapter, and a fw800/fw400 cable.

Has anyone tried out this combo? Will it work? It’s not worthwhile if I have to get another laptop to shoot with....

Thanks in advance, ad
I am currently using an Apple branded Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter and a (I think) Tether Tools Firewire cable to connect a 2015 iMac and a CFV-16. Operation is transparant. I shouldn't think your installation would be much different.