The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Quick question about filters and 240mm BR

Is there an easy way to use the Lee Filter 100mm filters with the Phase One 240mm BR? The lens hood sticks out a little and it doesn't look like the 86mm Lee filter adapter will work. Maybe stack 86mm to 82mm then a 82mm back to 86mm.

Thanks for the answer in advance

MILESF

I think this came here up a while back and I got an 86mm spacer - 86mm on both sides but otherwise like a step-up ring. Problem solved. IIRC I found it on Amazon (in the UK).

sbarger

I used the filter ring from an old 86mm filter. After carefully removing the glass the ring becomes a spacer whose thickness extends slightly above the lens shade in its fully retracted position. I am able to use this setup with the Lee filter holder adapter ring or a Circular Polarizer.
Steve

Steve C

I simply removed the built-in hood (a couple small screws if I recall correctly), added an 86mm Lee ring, and use the Lee Professional hood and 100mm filters as needed. Very easy.

ejpeiker

Awesome, thank you. I think I’ll try the 86mm spacer since I like having the lens hood for other types of images.
If you can't find a spacer, get an 86-77 step down and a 77 to 86 step up - screw them together and you ahve a spacer that doesn't interfere with the lens hood and doesn't cause any vignetting on that lens..