The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Will a Hasselblad PME-90 prism fit with a CFV-16 back ?

mostlylost

It looks like a pretty close fit with the film back and I'm concerned it may conflict with the digital back.

EDIT
Well, never mind. It won't fit. :(
You have to use a 45 degree finder.

itsdoable

The CFV39 appears to fit, and I think it has the same dimensions....
(not my picture, and I don't own a PME-90 or CFV39...)

sog1927

The CFV39 appears to fit, and I think it has the same dimensions....
(not my picture, and I don't own a PME-90 or CFV39...)
Maybe I'm just obtuse, but it's really hard for me to see how you could reach the magazine release button on the top of the back. It looks like you could snap the back on pretty easily, but how do you get it off if you can't get to the release button? Remember, you have to remove the back to take the prism off.

itsdoable

Does anyone know if the 203fe can be used with a 90 degree prism and the CFV-50c?
From the v5 2014 data sheet for the CFV-50c: "The CFV-50c is compatible with all Hasselblad prism finders."
The data sheet shows a CFV-50c on a 503CW with a PME-90, and also lists the 203fe as "cable free" compatible with the CFV-50c in F mode. Note: the 50c is shorter than the 50, which dorigatti has confirmed not to be compatible.

Maybe I'm just obtuse, but it's really hard for me to see how you could reach the magazine release button on the top of the back....
The Prism has a slider lever that engages the button at the top of the back.

This old thread: https://www.photo.net/discuss/threads/hasselblad-cfv-39-or-50-digital-backs.449733/

I believe that is a CFV-39, but it looks like you have to slide the prism out a bit as you remove the back.

This service may explain some of the pictures: Modification prisme PME 90 ou PM 90 pour dos numériques toutes marques – Les Victor