The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Schneider PC-TS Super Angulon 4.5/28 (maybe the wrong forum...)

usm

... but the most active ;)

How good is a Schneider PC-TS Super Angulon 4.5/28 HM Aspheric when used with a Sony (don’t know the names) or Leica M?

I know it’s not MF but the lens is based on a MF lens - right?
I also know that a Leica M is the “wrong” decision for using with shift lenses.
But I like it and I have it.

I have a Leica 28mm pc lens, I am happy but not with the hard to control distortion when shifted to the max. I also looked at the Cambo Actus and AS Universalis but there is no 28mm and it’s getting really expensive when Rodenstock is involved. Maybe a 32/35 lens with a big image circle and a lot of movement and stitching does the trick. But still its getting expensive.

As some of you saw, there is a Schneider PC-TS Super Angulon 4.5/28 HM Aspheric for sale. That’s the reason for my question: how good is this lens for architecture and landscape?

Thanks!

pfigen

Not only is the lens a very mediocre performer (I tested on 5DSR) it's incredibly horribly designed in terms of actually using it in the field. The tilting and shifting is as cumbersome as it gets and it's ****ing pathetic. Unshifted, the performance was good in the middle but never every got good in the corners, even stopped down. That's the kiss of death for a shift lens. It's gotta be good out to the edges of the image circle.

usm

Thanks. Not really what I want to hear, but I take it.

Does anyone have some images made with the lens ...