The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom and 3RF files from CFV50-c

elrafo

Hello there,

My 3FR files from CFV16 were opening in LR without any problem, I don't like Phocus so I would really prefer staying in LR...

only problem, the raw files from my CFV50-c don't open in LR. says format error (I can still open them in Photoshop and Phocus but would really prefer Lightroom).

is there any plugin or format update to do for the more recent Hasselblad files ? 3FR is fine from older Backs but not CFV50-c ?
thanks

pflower

I have had no problem with Lightroom opening any 3FR file - including those from the CFV-50c.

You might check whether or not your version will handle 3fff files - i.e import the 3FR files into Phocus (which converts them to 3fff) and see if those open in Lightroom. As far as I can tell (from using Hasselblad digital files from the H3D-39, CFV50c and now the X1D all with Lightroom from version 4 onwards) there is no perceptible difference between 3FR and 3fff files.

Hello there,

My 3FR files from CFV16 were opening in LR without any problem, I don't like Phocus so I would really prefer staying in LR...

only problem, the raw files from my CFV50-c don't open in LR. says format error (I can still open them in Photoshop and Phocus but would really prefer Lightroom).

is there any plugin or format update to do for the more recent Hasselblad files ? 3FR is fine from older Backs but not CFV50-c ?
thanks

Photon42

No issues on my side with opening files from the CFV-50c in Lightroom. If you want to check where the problem sits, you can offer a file for download. I may be able to try an import, if you like.

JohnBrew

Don't use LR, but for me the drill went something like this: open Phocus, load CF card, images will come up, hit "import", the files will be changed and it will ask to which file you want to send them. I used a dedicated folder in PS.
Hasselblad holds frequent webinars on Phocus so if you are on their contact list they will let you know. You might also try YouTube - maybe someone uploaded the webinars? The webinars are helpful, but if you are not interested in tethering when they start talking about that you can stop right there.
Hope this helps.

elrafo

Hello There,

I uploaded on DropBox 2 folders, one with a CFV16 3FR file and one with a CFV50c raw File, you will be able to tell me if you see the same issue ! I can only import in LR the CFV16 raw file...

I really Like LR for the easy going interface and noise treatment.
Phocus looks more like a hassle for me :D before importing the images shown as thumbs in the bottom, I can't see a large preview of them, sounds really stupid.
it will show a large preview only of the jpg files !

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7g2esfvks554044/AAC2Y399_4AM6aumbMHHwTuSa?dl=0

tcdeveau

Hi there,
Your CVF-50c file imported for me into lightroom with no problem.

The version I'm using says 2015.12 Release and Camera Raw 9.12 in the "about" window. I thought I was using the latest version of Classic CC but I don't think this version is it.

Sounds like you just need to update Lightroom.

Best,
-Todd

elrafo

Ok thanks so much :salute:
I will update LR now !

Side note, as I see a couple of CFV50 users here, I used the Ewipe provided in the box to clean the IR filter, but I still see the lines and some how it doesn't dry completely. do you also use a dry cloth after EWiping ?

Photon42

Hello There,

I uploaded on DropBox 2 folders, one with a CFV16 3FR file and one with a CFV50c raw File, you will be able to tell me if you see the same issue ! I can only import in LR the CFV16 raw file...

I really Like LR for the easy going interface and noise treatment.
Phocus looks more like a hassle for me :D before importing the images shown as thumbs in the bottom, I can't see a large preview of them, sounds really stupid.
it will show a large preview only of the jpg files !

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7g2esfvks554044/AAC2Y399_4AM6aumbMHHwTuSa?dl=0
No issue importing into 7.1

Photon42

Ok thanks so much :salute:
I will update LR now !

Side note, as I see a couple of CFV50 users here, I used the Ewipe provided in the box to clean the IR filter, but I still see the lines and some how it doesn't dry completely. do you also use a dry cloth after EWiping ?
Salut - I have seen this one being sold, but never tried it myself so far. What is your LR version, btw.?

Amicalement
Ivo

elrafo

Salut !

import didn't work on LR4 but worked fine with CC. the only thing is , I bought LR4 already but don't want to pay an extra $20 per month just to add a LR cc to my photoshop cc licence...
I will try to find a standalone version without monthly subscription.

I bought at my camera store the dry wipes and alcohol drops, did some tests and worked perfect on the IR filter.

merci et a la prochaine

Raph

Salut - I have seen this one being sold, but never tried it myself so far. What is your LR version, btw.?

Amicalement
Ivo

tcdeveau

Extra $20 a month to add Lightroom? I pay 9.99/month for a photography plan that includes both LR and Photoshop so you may want to look into that.

Salut !

import didn't work on LR4 but worked fine with CC. the only thing is , I bought LR4 already but don't want to pay an extra $20 per month just to add a LR cc to my photoshop cc licence...

I bought at my camera store the dry wipes and alcohol drops, did some tests and worked perfect on the IR filter.

merci et a la prochaine

Raph

Photon42

Salut !

merci et a la prochaine

Raph
Salut Raph

there are different packs available. Check this site. You can have LR+PS for around 12 CHF / month. Be aware there are two different versions of LR up for subscription. I have chosen the LR+PS package with 20 Gig cloud space (11.85/m).

à plus
Ivo

elrafo

Hello!

just got a Photography Package with LR and Photoshop cc for 50% of my initial Photoshop price ...lol

thanks for the advice ....