The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Poor man's actus xl upgrade from ultima. With cambo dB lens plate

Boinger

Didn't want to spend so much to upgrade my actus Ultima 23d to actus xl just so I didn't have to keep swapping lens boards.

I took a Ultima lens board and had it machined to allow the cambo dB lens board to sit flush inside it. Added magnets to the back. The magnets actually can hold the lens in place by itself but I added the 2 washer and wing nuts for added security. Don't want to break a several thousand dollar lens.

There is no play at all in this setup and I maintened the optical alignment with the original lens plate.

20180518_144414.jpg
20180518_144912.jpg
20180518_144301.jpg
20180518_144306.jpg

Boinger

Thanks!

Project #2.

sony.jpg

One of the issues I am having is I think the aluminum is causing too much reflection for the image on the sensor. Results in a sort of haze form the image. Any thoughts anyone has? Flat black spray paint? Don't know how muted that would be or if it would be reflective?

Last edited:

abed

Thanks!

Project #2.

View attachment 134305

One of the issues I am having is I think the aluminum is causing too much reflection for the image on the sensor. Results in a sort of haze form the image. Any thoughts anyone has? Flat black spray paint? Don't know how muted that would be or if it would be reflective?
Black paint won't do, it will still give you reflections. I would try cutting a lack thick paper and stick it inside aluminum barrel.

Abstraction

There should be special flocking material available. I remember back in the day, Kiev 88 cameras had reflection issues and folks used to flock them with a special type of felt.