The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya Press 23 for adaptation- Noob Question

B L

I have a Press 23 outfit with three lenses.It hasnt been touched for years.
With Mamiya G adapter it is possible to attach RB backs, so with G adapter + Phase one RB adapter for V backs it shoud be possible to give an extended life to Press cameras. Is my theory worth following? Thanks.

kdphotography

Artistic pursuits aside, imho, I think this is one of those times that I say just because you can attach it to something doesn't mean you should.

Add the totals for the bits and pieces (not including any exercises in frustration) and I bet you are much closer to an older but working legacy medium format digital camera system than you may realize.

C'mon in---the waters fine. :D

Ken

fotophil

In addition to the doubtful quality of the old lenses for digital applications, I would be concerned that the shortest focal length lens for the little press camra is probably around 65mm so you may be limited for wide angle photography. If your interest is medium format, there are some relatively moderate priced first generation medium format digital systems such as the Pentax 645D and Mamiya AFD.