The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Alpa 12

stngoldberg

I received an email this morning about the apparently new ALPA 12 and its ability to produce larger panoramas beyond the normal IC’s without determining nodal points.
Maybe I misread the announcement, and maybe my 80 year old brain is slowing down; but I didn’t understand what they are doing to accomplish this
Can anyone explain this in simple terms
Stanley

Geoff

I received an email this morning about the apparently new ALPA 12 and its ability to produce larger panoramas beyond the normal IC’s without determining nodal points.
Maybe I misread the announcement, and maybe my 80 year old brain is slowing down; but I didn’t understand what they are doing to accomplish this
Can anyone explain this in simple terms
Stanley
Its an Alpa 12 Pano, a new version of the 12. It basically is the Plus, but extended for more movements to the side (for panoramics) and a bit less top/bottom. For the new lenses with massive image circles.

Last edited:

dchew

I think that is text not well translated into English. They are trying to say the shift range takes advantage of larger image circles that some lenses have.

Dave

stngoldberg

Hi Dave,
Thank you for your reply.
I guess I’ll have to sit with Chris Snipes from CI for a demonstration; extending the image circle is the holy grail for my use of a technical camera.
Problem is I’m heavily invested in Arca Swiss (5 lenses on the AS R mount).
Stanley

Digitalcameraman

Hi Dave,
Thank you for your reply.
I guess I’ll have to sit with Chris Snipes from CI for a demonstration; extending the image circle is the holy grail for my use of a technical camera.
Problem is I’m heavily invested in Arca Swiss (5 lenses on the AS R mount).
Stanley
Stanley,

We can help you weigh the Pros and Cons