The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One XT Camera Revelations and Considerations

RLB

I was able to spend a better part of the day last week at our workshop in northern NM shooting with the XT and an IQ4 Achro back. Having read so many post about the XT (which are 95% speculation) I'd suggest test driving one when you get a chance. As a long time user of Arca R cameras, I can say this, the XT is a very compact and easy to use camera which makes field work with it very quick. The downside for now is no tilt and very limited lens choices although next year its promised that we'll see more lens options, the ability to send in your own view lenses and perhaps an adaptor for the Blue rings.

Overall, I think its neat compact Tech camera and very easy to use in a quick way. Time will tell if the XT becomes the fully integrated system it deserves to be and one that will make it an even better option for many.

Robert B