The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Questions on IQ Styles for the IQ4

beano_z

Inspired by the post from "mpsa" last week, I've decided to upload a couple of custom styles into my digital back and so far I'm pretty satisfied, however, today was the first time I've downloaded the images onto my PC, but I found that the file names were all changed to the same names as the original file from which I've created those styles. But C1 won't allow me to create a style without opening an image.

So my question is, how do you guys work around this naming structure? Do you just create a new image with the file name equivalent to your style name? Or is there a way to create a custom style which doesn't force all subsequently taken images to adopt the file name of the original image (from which the style is created)?

At the moment, when I batch export my images from C1, all the file names consists of the original file name plus whatever I've added on, it's quite annoying and I haven't found a workaround. As usual, I'm sure this is user stupidity (on my behalf) more than anything else, look forward to enlightenment, thanks!