Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Look for Pentax 67 to Hasselblad V Adapter

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Look for Pentax 67 to Hasselblad V Adapter

    The FFD delta is pretty tight ~ 10mm, but I have seen references to them. Unicorn or do they exist?

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Look for Pentax 67 to Hasselblad V Adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Doppler9000 View Post
    The FFD delta is pretty tight ~ 10mm, but I have seen references to them. Unicorn or do they exist?
    10mm is a lot of space.

    The problem is the P67 lenses have a larger diameter than Hasselblad lenses, which need to recess into the body. The 2000/200 series also have an extra shutter speed ring (except the 202fa) that must clear the the lens. To make the P67 lenses work on a Hasselbald V, you will need to re-house the lens, or modify/machine down the base, and maybe also the aperture ring.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Look for Pentax 67 to Hasselblad V Adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by itsdoable View Post
    10mm is a lot of space.

    The problem is the P67 lenses have a larger diameter than Hasselblad lenses, which need to recess into the body. The 2000/200 series also have an extra shutter speed ring (except the 202fa) that must clear the the lens. To make the P67 lenses work on a Hasselbald V, you will need to re-house the lens, or modify/machine down the base, and maybe also the aperture ring.
    Given your handle, I'm disappointed that you are saying it's not doable.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Look for Pentax 67 to Hasselblad V Adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Doppler9000 View Post
    Given your handle, I'm disappointed that you are saying it's not doable.
    but... didn't I just say it was doable? - machine the lens base, or re-house....

  5. #5
    Senior Member PSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    946
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    191

    Re: Look for Pentax 67 to Hasselblad V Adapter

    I am assuming that the 10mm thickness is accurate to make the adapter. However, there are two more issues that need to be addressed: 1) the Pentax 67 rear bayonet lens has a bigger diameter than the Hasselblad V lens mount and therefore it cannot be fit into the Hasselblad V camera (addressed above by itsdoable) and 2) the large diameter Pentax 67 lens would interfere with the Hasselblad V camera's trigger mechanism. Therefore at least an estimated 11mm thickness is needed in addition to the original ~10mm space and you still cannot trigger the camera (see photo).

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Look for Pentax 67 to Hasselblad V Adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by itsdoable View Post
    but... didn't I just say it was doable? - machine the lens base, or re-house....
    I was looking for an adapter for a multi lens tech cam, not to mount P67 lenses on a Hasselblad camera.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Look for Pentax 67 to Hasselblad V Adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Doppler9000 View Post
    I was looking for an adapter for a multi lens tech cam, not to mount P67 lenses on a Hasselblad camera.
    Ahh, then one can be made. It would not achieve infinity focus on a Hasselblad body, but, depending on your tech cam setup, that may not be an issue. But I do not know of a commercially available product...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •