The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which DB has worse color shift - Leaf Credo 40 or Phase One IQ3 50?

rdeloe

Hopefully Fuji will someday create a shift lens. All of their lenses I have used are very well made and have great optics on the 50S and 100.

But there is not anything on their long term line up of future lenses.

I have sent them a few emails asking for a shift lens, and others with a Fuji MF body should also as eventually they might develop one.

Odds are not an ultra wide however.

The other lens to consider would be the Nikon 19mm on a fotodiox adapter. You need to fix the aperture in advance on a Nikon body, but it works. I have used it on the 50R.

Paul C
Over at FredMiranda there's a short thread where a poster outlines the ultra-wide options he's tried: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1624273 He writes, "the Nikon 19mm pc-e is excellent edge to edge but has severe geometric distortion on gfx". Does that match your experience Paul?

gebseng

The widest non-retrofocus lens I can use with my GFX 50R as the "back" is 60mm. The 55mm symmetrical lens I tried had strong lens cast with almost any amount of shift. On top of that, even if I'd been willing to deal with the lens cast problem, the rear end of the lens was inside the cavity of the camera. The 26.7mm flange distance of the GFX is not friendly to wides.
The lens cast presumably would be gone with the GFX100 BSI sensor. But the sensor is still too deep inside.

gebseng

The other lens to consider would be the Nikon 19mm on a fotodiox adapter. You need to fix the aperture in advance on a Nikon body, but it works. I have used it on the 50R.

Paul C
Great! Can you shift the whole 12mm without vignetting?

rdeloe

The lens cast presumably would be gone with the GFX100 BSI sensor. But the sensor is still too deep inside.
In my case the numbers didn't quite work out because there's a 5mm spacer on the lens mount. With a GFX 50R I can also use a lens board with no spacer on my setup, in which case the 55mm lens would fit. Unfortunately, that's not an option with the GFX 100 because of that great big grip.

This is a scenario where the tiny grip on the 50R is a real plus. Hopefully when they update the camera, they won't increase the grip (which seems to be the trend in the industry -- bigger grips with each new model).

gebseng

In my case the numbers didn't quite work out because there's a 5mm spacer on the lens mount. With a GFX 50R I can also use a lens board with no spacer on my setup, in which case the 55mm lens would fit. Unfortunately, that's not an option with the GFX 100 because of that great big grip.

This is a scenario where the tiny grip on the 50R is a real plus. Hopefully when they update the camera, they won't increase the grip (which seems to be the trend in the industry -- bigger grips with each new model).
Yes, please bring on the GFX 100R!

tcdeveau

Yes, please bring on the GFX 100R!
Or a Hasselblad CFV III 100mp...that would be ideal for me since I could use my XCD glass and tech cam gear with the same back :)

Here's to hoping we see more use of the GFX 100 sensor (Sony's IMX461) in the not-too-distant future. Nothing against the IQ4 150, which I'm sure is fantastic but cost prohibitive for many including myself, I'd just like to see the 33x44mm segment grow more to give cheaper options than the IQ4 150 and more diverse options than the GFX 100.

I'd also love to see a Hasselblad or Fuji Achromatic since Sony produces a monochrom version of the IMX461 but that's probably a pipe dream :cool:

danlindberg

Or a Hasselblad CFV III 100mp...that would be ideal for me since I could use my XCD glass and tech cam gear with the same back :)

Here's to hoping we see more use of the GFX 100 sensor (Sony's IMX461) in the not-too-distant future. Nothing against the IQ4 150, which I'm sure is fantastic but cost prohibitive for many including myself, I'd just like to see the 33x44mm segment grow more to give cheaper options than the IQ4 150 and more diverse options than the GFX 100.

I'd also love to see a Hasselblad or Fuji Achromatic since Sony produces a monochrom version of the IMX461 but that's probably a pipe dream :cool:
+1

Every single word in this post I agree with!