The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How to update the firmware of Leaf Aptus II 12 digital back with Mamiya 645 mount

Zhong Jian

I have one Leaf Aptus II 12 digital back with Mamiya 645 mount. Recently it just got stuck in the middle of starting with LED in orange color,
no matter whether I tried to set up tethering mode or used CF card. Let's call this back as Back #1. I got one new ebox for Leaf Aptus II 12 back but with V mount. Let's call this new one as Back #2. I have exchanged every board between these two backs and finally focused on Power PC board. Actually I can fire up Back #1 when I replaced Power PC board of Back #1 with one from Back #2. So it's clear that this part is broken. Unfortunately the ebox changed my back into one for V mount. I checked the Power PC boards and found they used exactly same IC chips. So it maybe possible to update this ebox with firmware for Mamiya 645.

My question is how to do this?

Many thanks for discussion.