The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How do you protect your tech cam from ghastly weather conditions?

med

A fellow Guelphite! Enjoy your Atrack. What size did you get? And where "out west" did you get it? Shipping from Finland was quick and inexpensive; bummer if they're not shipping now.
I ordered the 35L. Was tempted to do the 45L as there is not much difference in cost/weight as you go bigger and the compression straps look like they can do a good job to make a bigger pack smaller, but the 35L seems like a good size for both cameras and non-camera stuff when called for. I didn't look into any European stores mostly due to shipping time... but the Ortlieb site (that sells in the US amongst other countries) simply said they were not currently shipping to addresses outside of certain countries.

I found it in stock at VPO, which I had never heard of but seems to be a medium-sized outdoor outfitter chain in BC. Free shipping which is hopefully fast enough to get here in time!

Glad to see other Guelphites on here!

Cheers

rdeloe

I ordered the 35L. Was tempted to do the 45L as there is not much difference in cost/weight as you go bigger and the compression straps look like they can do a good job to make a bigger pack smaller, but the 35L seems like a good size for both cameras and non-camera stuff when called for. I didn't look into any European stores mostly due to shipping time... but the Ortlieb site (that sells in the US amongst other countries) simply said they were not currently shipping to addresses outside of certain countries.

I found it in stock at VPO, which I had never heard of but seems to be a medium-sized outdoor outfitter chain in BC. Free shipping which is hopefully fast enough to get here in time!

Glad to see other Guelphites on here!

Cheers
I didn't know about them either. They didn't come up in my searches when I was shopping. Shoot, it would have been nice to buy from a Canadian company. Oh well, now I know. Thanks.

In case any other Canadians are interested, it's called "Valhalla Pure Outfitters" and this is their website: https://vpo.ca/

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I recommend a microfiber towel. It works well even in the rain forest, in pouring rain!

Not an option in wind, but then again neither is any bellows based camera.

Actus DB & IQ3

DE8AFBB1-4E70-4196-95A5-6B1D306DDB65.jpeg

15CAADBE-072A-400D-B7D0-98A6A8A223E4.jpegF17D5B5F-A84D-4113-8916-4D6FD708FE24.jpeg