The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Has anyone tried D3 files in Aperture?

H

hermie

I was wondering, did anyone try Silkypix on D3 files?

I don't have the D3, but it's the closest thing to Nikon color (Capture NX) that I've seen, AND it's pretty quick.

jonoslack

The Nikon files do have more yellow, but are also more correct on the color being true.
Thank you so much Ray. That certainly doesn't look horrid, just to give you an example, here is a shot (taken with the M8 the day before yesterday) which I know would have been horrid on the D2x/D200

Mind you, the colour controls in Aperture (and others) are so much better in the last couple of years that I wonder whether it wouldn't be possible to sort them out easily now.

Here's the shot:

As for 'correct' in colour balance, I'm not sure that's easy to get to in that kind of mixed shade/sunlight, as our eyes/brains are all different, and of course there isn't a 'correct' value for white balance in such circumstances.

If it isn't too much bother, I'd love to have a go with that D3 file - my email address is jon(at)slack(dot)co(dot)uk.

Thanks again for going to the trouble, I hope the races were good!:salute: