The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Saying hello and some opening shots

Arne Hvaring

Rob, the main problem seems to be light entering the LCD screen from the sides. I wonder if one of those third-party screen hoods could be of some help, unless they are too much of a hassle in other respects.

Arne Hvaring

Carlos,
that's exactly what I had in mind. The D3 version is "coming soon" it says. Many thanks for the link!
Interested to hear your experience with it on the D300.

etrigan63

Well from experience on my 1D Mk II, the shade does a good job out in the daylight. My D300 does not display captures unless I hit the Play button. This had to be set on my old Canon. I'm not sure what the default is on the D3. This conserves battery and leaving it on is kind of pointless as the shade folds down on top of the display when not in use. It also has a side-effect of reducing chimping as onlookers can't see the display from the side.