The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Quentin_Bargate

To me this print says Sigma should concentrate on making super portable compact cameras with out and out the best IQ at BASE ISO, and just not bother chasing the high ISO game. This is the strength of the Foveon, IQ like no other.

We will use a tripod or rest on a wall, or maybe do the blue channel BW trick, but give us stunning IQ with an exceptional lens like no other in a super portable package. This is why I have my DP2M.
Agreed, but they won't do it, unfortunately. Everyone who sees this print sticks there noses in it and marvels at the detail. And what superb mono cameras they are.

biglouis

Agreed, but they won't do it, unfortunately. Everyone who sees this print sticks there noses in it and marvels at the detail. And what superb mono cameras they are.
I don't necessary disagree with Quentin's analysis.

However, can I add that with the addition of dng support in the DPQuattro series I honestly feel it has improved their use significantly. Being able to post-process in Lightroom (or other RAW processors) is a quantum change compared to using SPP. I use a DP0Q.

It has made me think about purchasing a DP3 Quattro - given that my DP3M is one of my favourite cameras.

LouisB

Last edited: