The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax Limited edition.

M5-Guy

What are they thinking :ROTFL:

Waste of R&D in my opinion.

I'll take one for my 10 year old.... I'll bet is for Japan Only :mad:

jonoslack

Waste of R&D in my opinion.
How much R&D is involved in a camera like that . . . . it might be a waste of marketing - but if they sell 'em, then there's more money for R&D
after all . . . . you're not forced to buy one!

M5-Guy

How much R&D is involved in a camera like that . . . . it might be a waste of marketing - but if they sell 'em, then there's more money for R&D
after all . . . . you're not forced to buy one!
I did put a :ROTFL: in my response....
I did say I'd buy one...
But, I'll bet it is a Japan Only market. They did this before with the many color chooses of the K-x, only red was available in the US. But, Later, they had a web-site that offered other combo's I believe.

BTW, what is that thing in the hot shoe? I got it, Look at the Pentax Man on top of the camera and smile. ;)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I have seen multi-colored Pentax cameras at the Yodobashi store in Yokohama for the last several years. All that is really new is the graphics and the hot-shoe guy.
That is the innovative bit :ROTFL:
-bob

cjlacz

Ack, iPhone deleted my message. It's based if a toy(?) called the 'kore janai robo'. Robo stands for robo of course. 'kore janai' means 'it is not this'. Ok, it's bad grammar, but that's how they translate on the products and it gets the meaning across. Japanese humor is strange. I'm not familiar with it, but I guess it's popular enough for a limited edition camera. The colors are based on the original figure, but looks like they have many versions out now.

I've seen a lot of people buying the Pentax cameras here just because of colors. Two if my good friends have them. A monsterous green one and a purple and pink model. Probably their fault I was seriously considering a pink GF1 for a minute.

If I see one of these in the wild I'll be sure to grab a photo.

Charles

No doubt noticing the success of limited edition cameras such as Leica's M9-Titanium, Pentax has announced a limited edition of its K series cameras. The K-r will be issued in a limited edition of 100 units.

You can read more about it here http://www.camera-pentax.jp/k-r/news/20101203.html
-bob

fotografz

The "BOZO" edition ... comes in "Jack In The Box" packaging ... turn the crank handle and the camera pops up and takes a snap of the surprised onlookers :eek: Accessories include a big red nose and green hair.

Where do I get one? I want it to shoot kids portraits instead of aiming my Darth Vader "Death Star" edition DSLR at them ... :ROTFL:

-Marc

jonoslack

I did put a :ROTFL: in my response....
I did say I'd buy one...
oops - sorry - losing my sense of humour after recent other 'special editions'

The "BOZO" edition ... comes in "Jack In The Box" packaging ... turn the crank handle and the camera pops up and takes a snap of the surprised onlookers :eek: Accessories include a big red nose and green hair.

Where do I get one? I want it to shoot kids portraits instead of aiming my Darth Vader "Death Star" edition DSLR at them ... :ROTFL:

-Marc
I hadn't thought of that - I want one too :bugeyes:

m3photo

Re: Magritte

It's based if a toy(?) called the 'kore janai robo'. Robo stands for robo of course. 'kore janai' means 'it is not this'. Ok, it's bad grammar, but that's how they translate on the products and it gets the meaning across. Japanese humor is strange.
Magritte would have depicted it well of course ...

Maybe this line of colourful cameras isn't such a wild idea these days; less chance of getting nabbed for taking pictures in public, as it surely can't be a "serious" one according to the resident rentacop nearest to you.