Site Sponsors

Thread: Canson Baryta Surface question

Post Thanks / Like

Canson Baryta Surface question

Does Canson's Baryta come in two different finishes? The data sheet shows "Photo Gloss/Satin". Are they meaning it's a glossy satin? The box label says "Satin" so does that mean there's also a smooth gloss?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Canson Baryta Surface question

As far as I know, and from my ongoing use of CBP, it is a satin finish paper and only available as "one finish."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Rand. ALl of my research is pointing to this as well.

Post Thanks / Like

This paper comes out like an unglazed silver gelatine gloss fibre print. Very nice subtle texture and excellent tonal range. I use this on my Epson 3800.

Charlie
    Charlie Chan

Post Thanks / Like

Gerry here - Quality Manager for Canson North America, I also provide the Technical Support for the Canson Infinity line. The Baryta is a museum grade photo paper that offers the look and feel of the original darkroom Baryta prints it is only available in one finish. Although the Photosatin Premium RC is also an alpha cellulous paper it is designed to have the look of the original Silver Halide prints. These are, however, two separate grades...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Canson21 View Post
    Gerry here - Quality Manager for Canson North America, I also provide the Technical Support for the Canson Infinity line. The Baryta is a museum grade photo paper that offers the look and feel of the original darkroom Baryta prints it is only available in one finish. Although the Photosatin Premium RC is also an alpha cellulous paper it is designed to have the look of the original Silver Halide prints. These are, however, two separate grades...
    Thanks for the authoritative response, Canson21.

How about some Canson Baryta Photographique in 17x25" sheets?
    There are a bunch of us here who would buy it. The curl induced by using rolls is undesireable and I wouldn't mind paying the cost differential for having it nicely boxed. Red River has a new Baryta paper in 17x25, but I'd rather use Canson.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post