The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Techart AF Adapter for Fuji-Canon

tcdeveau

how does the image circle work? canon lenses are for 35mm cameras
Some 35mm lenses have image circles large enough for MF. The Canon 17mm TS-E is a good example, but others cover the image area with some to minimal vignetting.

Here's a review with sample images:

https://jonasraskphotography.com/2017/09/19/techart-pro-ef-to-gfx-smart-adapter/

The reviewer does state that "The native Fujinon GF lenses are still way better in conjunction with the GFX", but the adapters open up lens possibilities for mirrorless MF users, especially while Fuji and Hasselblad fill out the respective GFX and X1D native lens lineups.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
I’m surprised at the list of lenses that Jonas claims “covers” the sensor. I haven’t tried to adapt anything to my GFX yet but I assumed only the T/S lenses and maybe a random few others would cover well.

To quote

"I don’t want to say much about the individual lenses that I tested, only that they all covered the sensor apart from the Sigma 24-35 zoom, that gave hard vignetting at 24mm.

From Canon I tried the

300mm f/2.8 mk2
85mm f/1.2 mk2
50mm f/1.2 mk2
45mm f/2.8 Tilt Shift
40mm f/2.8 STM

From Sigma I tried the

135mm f/1.8
85mm f/1.4
50mm f/1.4
35mm f/1.4
24-35mm f/2”

Techart also has shots from other lenses, such as the Canon 70-200, but don’t show how much they’ve cropped off.

Good news if true. But it certainly appears a better solution for Canon lenses than what Cambo and others are providing.

A little math and it appears that if you crop the GFX to 36.24, you end up with the equivalent of a 30mp sensor, so using canon lenses on the GFX and cropping to 35mm size yields nearly identical resolution to using a 5D Mark 4 body. Assuming you can crop larger than that some of the time the lenses might be more viable than I first thought.

Last edited:
Not surprised about the 85LII, that lens was tested to cover a 40x40mm area when used on a digital back with an adapter, and I assume many telephoto lenses will be compatible as well. It's the non-TS wide-angles you have to watch out for, and lenses like the Canon 135L which have a baffle on the back to cut off stray light.

CAMBOUSA

I would love to put that Canon 85mmf1.2 Version II on my Hasselblad X1D!
Maybe one day..... :p

John
That day could be today. Well...not TODAY, I mean a couple of days for shipping would be needed more than likely.

But there is a different thread for that conversation.