The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GRD2 and 16GB card

cjlacz

I was thankful my brother came to visit me this week since my cards were full and computer only has 100mb of space on it. He brought me a new 16GB card for my GRD2. It works well, but it seems like as the card fills up the camera takes longer to initialize before it's able to take a picture. Has anyone else noticed a problem like this, or is it a known problem with the GRD? I'm going to have to wait till next week to clear off my machine and empty the card to see if the performance returns to normal. I'm hoping it's not a defective card.

ecliffordsmith

Hi,

I suspect the camera has to read the card before being able to take a picture and hence the startup time will be proportional to the speed and contents of the card to some degree.

How much slower is it than normal?

cjlacz

I don't have it on me right now, but considerably slower. Probably about 5 seconds or so after the lens extends. It looks like the screen is on, but it doesn't take a picture until the backlight turns on. It's a Panasonic Class 6 card, so it shouldn't be too slow. The card isn't even half full yet. My brother is using it currently, but I'll let you know when I get a chance to test it.