Site Sponsors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Conclusions on GRD2 vs GX100

Chuck A

Re: Conclusions on GRD2 vs GX100

Quote Originally Posted by meilicke View Post
    Chuck,

I was going through a similar issue, which I posted about in another thread. In the end I went for a used GX100, in large part because I was not totally satisfied with either camera (GRDII & GX100) - they both have weaknesses that I care about. So it sounds like, for you, you made the right choice by getting a good camera that will keep you until you find something better. Have fun!

Scott
    Scott,

I am sure that there are many others who are finding it difficult to choose. You are correct when you say that both cameras have weaknesses that I care about and for me if they were less expensive I probably would have picked one. If I could meld them together I could make the perfect small camera. They are evolving and I believe that there will be a GX200 with the upgrades from the GRDII and maybe even some more interesting things. Maybe even a GRD40 as well.

Thanks to Maggie O, her cheerleading of the d-Lux 3, LX2 really convinced me to try one in the meantime.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

My pleasure, Chuck! Enjoy your new camera!

Pop a San Disck eXtreme III SDHC card in it or maybe a Panasonic 6 (I think) and you'll get the RAW write times down to under four seconds.

Chuck A

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    My pleasure, Chuck! Enjoy your new camera!

Pop a San Disck eXtreme III SDHC card in it or maybe a Panasonic 6 (I think) and you'll get the RAW write times down to under four seconds.
    I have a couple of Ultra IIs and I will look around for the faster cards. The DSLRs are fast enough with the Ultras but I guess the extra speed will help the LX2.

Thanks for your post.

gregg

I'm newly registered to the forum (as of a few minutes ago) and a new GX100 user as well. Got mine from Popflash last week and really love it. All the discussion here really helped me to make up my mind - the GX100 fits me best.

24mm is the bomb. I have a Kingston 8mb "class 6" SDHC card and am getting RAW write times of around 5-6 seconds.

Here is B&W jpg straight out of the camera - just great.