The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Conclusions on GRD2 vs GX100

C

Chuck A

Chuck,

I was going through a similar issue, which I posted about in another thread. In the end I went for a used GX100, in large part because I was not totally satisfied with either camera (GRDII & GX100) - they both have weaknesses that I care about. So it sounds like, for you, you made the right choice by getting a good camera that will keep you until you find something better. Have fun!

Scott
Scott,

I am sure that there are many others who are finding it difficult to choose. You are correct when you say that both cameras have weaknesses that I care about and for me if they were less expensive I probably would have picked one. If I could meld them together I could make the perfect small camera. They are evolving and I believe that there will be a GX200 with the upgrades from the GRDII and maybe even some more interesting things. Maybe even a GRD40 as well.

Thanks to Maggie O, her cheerleading of the d-Lux 3, LX2 really convinced me to try one in the meantime.

Maggie O

My pleasure, Chuck! Enjoy your new camera!

Pop a San Disck eXtreme III SDHC card in it or maybe a Panasonic 6 (I think) and you'll get the RAW write times down to under four seconds.

C

Chuck A

My pleasure, Chuck! Enjoy your new camera!

Pop a San Disck eXtreme III SDHC card in it or maybe a Panasonic 6 (I think) and you'll get the RAW write times down to under four seconds.
I have a couple of Ultra IIs and I will look around for the faster cards. The DSLRs are fast enough with the Ultras but I guess the extra speed will help the LX2.

Thanks for your post.

G

gregg

I'm newly registered to the forum (as of a few minutes ago) and a new GX100 user as well. Got mine from Popflash last week and really love it. All the discussion here really helped me to make up my mind - the GX100 fits me best.

24mm is the bomb. I have a Kingston 8mb "class 6" SDHC card and am getting RAW write times of around 5-6 seconds.

Here is B&W jpg straight out of the camera - just great.