The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Compact Camera very small - Price <1800€

gmfotografie

Hi guys, can you help me in finding a very small, light pocket camera. As i use mainly my X1D I‘m looking for a small baby for makingof and documentation photography. By the way this baby should also be good in video recording.

Can you give me some tipps ?

What do you think about the Sony RX100IV ?

Best Michael

Shashin

The Sony RX100 series cameras would be flexible and small. A u4/3 camera from either Olympus or Panasonic might be worth looking into, mostly for the fact you can choose optics not only for focal length, but also aperture--both have good reviews for video. If you don't mind a fixed lens, then a Sony RX1 series camera is very interesting and provides high image quality to boot. Then there is always a smart phone for ultimate portability.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
RX100 VI - superb portable camera and the new extended zoom makes it a no-compromise portable option. I never leave home without mine.

I had the RX100 IV before I purchased the VI. It is also a superb camera. Arguably better for low light shooting but gives up the lens range.