The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Another Ricoh decison thread....

H

helgipelgi

Maggie, you're grasping at straws here. Just give in already ;)

simonclivehughes

Maggie,

It seems reflective enough to be glass and it "sounds" like glass when I tap it, but I can't tell you with any certainty that it is indeed glass.

Ciao,

jonoslack

The D-Lux 3's screen is hard glass, so you could thwack it with a fingernail and you'd never know it. Is the Ricoh's equally robust? (It doesn't look like it photos.)
HI Maggie
are you sure the D-lux 3 screen is glass? Mine tastes like plastic to me (I have this screen licking habit).

Maggie O

Maggie,

It seems reflective enough to be glass and it "sounds" like glass when I tap it, but I can't tell you with any certainty that it is indeed glass.

Ciao,
OK, that sounds like it's pretty durable and if not actually glass, close enough.

I got burned by the LCDs on my old Canons- one bump or scratch and they looked awful.

Jono, silly rabbit- screens are for LOOKING not LICKING! :ROTFL:

jonoslack

Jono, silly rabbit- screens are for LOOKING not LICKING! :ROTFL:
Hi Maggie
don't knock it if you haven't tried it!

As for those Canon screens; they may seem vulnerable, but Emma's G7 was casually flipped into a deep pond by the dog. It didn't work at all...for two days...then it produced lovely milky pictures.

After a week of was back to normal, and its worked ever since.

Photon-hunter

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm printing with an Epson 9800 using the ImagePrint RIP on a an imitation Epson Luster paper sold in Thailand. Luster gives deep, rich blacks and, for large prints in fine. The only issue is some gloss differential in blown-out areas, which I often have. To eliminate this I have been using Renaissance Wax, which is also useful in protecting small prints from fingerprints.

—Mitch/Bangkok
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10268776@N00/
Thanks for the info. It is impressive the amount of work that goes into a print, and the effort taken to achieve the desired look...as much as I liked the screen JPEG´s, I would kill to see some "good old" prints!!

Erik.